Atomic is a venture fund that founds companies. Founded in 2012, we believe that disruptive innovation is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline, and that building those ideas into businesses is not something that can be outsourced. We are engineers and entrepreneurs who build and operate the next generation of great companies.
We are looking for a Fintech and Healthtech Research Intern to join one of our pre-launch companies. This internship is for the 2022 Fall Semester.
The Research Intern will synthesize data to provide strategic insight and actionable recommendations to partners and leadership within the Operations organization. They will collaborate with stakeholders and operational team members to drive projects that they work on forward. Projects will include strategic initiatives to support the Vertical Saas teams in Fintech and Healthcare. This role is best suited for those who thrive on getting stuff done in an unstructured environment. Atomic is seeking a limitless thinker with endless bounds of creativity and energy for research and discovery.
What You’ll Do
- Work part-time during Fall Semester 2022 driving deeper research on ideas Atomic is excited about.
- Identify and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative research and trends to help teams make data-informed decisions.
- Analyze data to inform product, development, and operations business decisions.
- Help identify target customers and conduct in-depth user interviews, expert interviews.
- Work closely with experts and advisors of this initiative. Take detailed notes, consolidate, and summarize work progress to Atomic stakeholders.
- Have strong opinions and the data to back them up: when you identify areas for improvement, you speak up and build the business case for why we should focus on them.
- Support the leads in all functions relating to the assignment at hand.
Who You Are And What You Have
- You are an Undergrad Senior or current MBA student.
- A background or experience studying/working at: startups, very entrepreneurial environments, venture capital, due diligence research and development roles, or in consulting.
- Experience in Research Analysis, Project Management, or Entrepreneurship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural ability to critically identify which workstreams to prioritize and how to impactfully spend your time.
- Desire to work cross-functionally, collaborating with engineers, designers, marketers, etc.
- Strong analytical skills (Excel Sheet Master).
- Customer advocate and champion.
- Clear communicator, and thoughtful listener.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.