Atomic is a venture fund that founds companies. Founded in 2012, we believe that disruptive innovation is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline, and that building those ideas into businesses is not something that can be outsourced. We are engineers and entrepreneurs who build and operate the next generation of great companies.
We are looking for a Solar Energy Research Intern to join one of our pre-launch companies. Anticipated timeline for this role is Fall term with potential to extend.
The Solar Energy Intern will synthesize data to provide strategic insight and actionable recommendations to partners and leadership within the Operations organization. They will collaborate with stakeholders and operational team members to drive projects that they work on forward. Projects will include strategic initiatives to support the Clean-Energy R&D team. This role is best suited for those who thrive on getting stuff done in an unstructured environment. Atomic is seeking a limitless thinker with endless bounds of creativity and energy for research and discovery.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the science to help teams make data-informed decisions.
- Analyze data to inform product, development, and operations business decisions.
- Assist with defining, tracking, and executing on early KPIs to guide a successful product launch.
- Help identify target customers and conduct in-depth user interviews, expert interviews.
- Work closely with expert scientists and advisors of this initiative. Log, consolidate, and report their work to Atomic stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally, collaborating with engineers, designers, marketers, etc.
- Have strong opinions and the data to back them up: when you identify areas for improvement, you speak up and build the business case for why we should focus on them.
- Support the leads in all functions relating to the assignment at hand.
Who You Are and What You Have:
- A background or experience studying/working in solar thermal and/or other clean energy technologies.
- Experience in Project Management or Entrepreneurship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work cross-functionally, collaborating with engineers, designers, marketers, etc.
- Strong analytical skills (Excel, SQL, Tableau a plus).
- Customer advocate and champion.
- Clear communicator, and thoughtful listener.