186 Ventures is a pre-seed & seed stage VC firm based in Boston focused on impact-obsessed founders. The 186 platform leverages a world-class network and deep founder experience to present a differentiated approach to founder relationships, venture financing, and following through with end-to-end support. Named after the speed of light, 186 Ventures invests across consumer, enterprise, and disruptive technology.
Founded in 2019, our brand portfolio spans 40+ high growth technology companies across multiple industries.
Reporting directly to the managing partnership, you will have your hands in supporting our investment channels via deal work, market / industry analysis, and competitor analysis. This role will be a great gateway into venture capital.
● Attend diligence calls / efforts to help vet potential investments, assess financials if applicable
● Perform company specific competitive analysis / landscaping
● Provide weekly summary of industry specific market analysis within 186’s investment thesis (FinTech, Web3 / Crypto, Future of Work, Digital Health, Media & Creator)
● Develop personal investment thesis to present to 186 Partnership
● Compile market / industry presentations on specific problem areas of interest to 186
● Go-getter attitude and willingness to learn in a fast-paced yet independent environment
● Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit
● Passionate about macro economic trends and 1+ 186 investment themes
● Nice to have: operational experience or alternative investment / equity research background
● You’re ambitious and are motivated by a desire for professional and personal growth. There are no challenges too big and you rise to the occasion when others don’t
At 186, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a competitive salary and a variety of benefits including:
● Free lunch weekly
● Free coffee, beverages, and snacks
Our team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences; we encourage students in all majors and backgrounds to apply.