Today, we’re excited to open applications for the 2023 Summer Fellows Program. This is the second cohort of the program, after last year’s inaugural cohort.
The Summer Fellows Program is a summer program that connects high-performing university students to software engineering internships at world-changing startups within the Susa portfolio and introduces them to a lifelong community of peers and mentors in the Susa Family.
Each Fellow will spend the summer as an intern at a Susa Ventures portfolio company, where they will work closely with top-tier founders and engineering leaders on meaningful projects. Working at an early-stage startup on a lean team will afford Fellows the opportunity to make an outsized impact in a fast-paced learning environment.
Mindful of the staggering underrepresentation of women (just 15% of all software engineers are women, despite being nearly half of the workforce) and BIPOC (of the “high tech” workforce, just 7.4% are Black and 8% are Latinx), our goal is to make this program representative of the diverse customers that our companies serve.
We are partnering with a great group of Susa companies for this year’s program, including:
- Chapter: Tech-driven Medicare advisor improving how seniors choose healthcare coverage (Series B; backed by Addition & Maverick Ventures)
- Float: Canada’s first smart corporate card and spend management software (Series A; backed by Tiger Global & Golden Ventures)
- Medallion: Automated licensing & credentialing for provider networks (Series B; backed by BoxGroup, Spark Capital & Sequoia)
- Modern Animal: Bettering the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them (Series C; backed by Addition, Founders Fund & True Ventures)
- Regard: Software company developing an artificial intelligence (AI) co-pilot for physicians to help diagnose medical conditions (Series A; backed by Techstars & TenOneTen)
Who should apply
You are enrolled in a college or university in the US or Canada, studying computer science, software engineering, or a related field, and have experience coding. You’re working toward a graduation of Winter 2023 — Winter 2024. Curious, driven and entrepreneurial, you’ve already built a product or project. You’re energized by the idea of working at a startup and want to have an impactful experience at an innovative startup next summer (summer 2023).
Apply here: https://airtable.com/shrmTu7uqOpsrqgyY
We are accepting applications until December 15, 2022 at 11:59pm PT.
About Susa Ventures
Susa Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm investing in a growing family of dreamers and builders, backing companies like Robinhood, Flexport, and Viz at their earliest stages and beyond. We believe that entrepreneurs are the lifeblood of progress and exists to help them realize their visions for a better world.