As one of the oldest and most active early-stage venture capital firms in the Southeast, IDEA Fund Partners’ investment philosophy has been honed from years of experience. Based in Durham, NC, we fund entrepreneurs who are applying technology and business model innovations to industries in the earliest stages of digital disruption with an emphasis on overlooked people, places and stages.
We are currently looking for our next Venture Fellows to join Idea Fund Partners’ Fall 2022 Program starting mid-September.
Our most successful fellows are described as intellectually curious, self-starters, ambitious, and engaged, with strong written and analytical skills. This is a great opportunity to assist with an array of firm matters and examine the next generation of startups and innovation. This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to others professionals. The approximate time commitment is10–15 hours per week. In addition to core responsibilities outlined below, fellows are also offered structured lunch-and-learn seminars to gain a deeper understanding of startups and venture capital.
This is an unpaid position, with sponsorship for course credit available.
To apply, please complete this application form by Wednesday, August 31st, 2022
Core role responsibilities will include:
- Conducting preliminary reviews of prospective investments within the IFP due diligence framework
- Assisting with sourcing prospective investment opportunities, including attending demo days and reviewing databases
- Completing research reports examining startup, investment, and innovation trends within an assigned industry & subsector
Additionally, ad hoc projects will be scoped out throughout your experience, some of which include:
- Sourcing & Analysis
- Assist with refining outbound deal sourcing process
- Ad hoc due diligence research projects
2. Operations & Finance
- Assist with Salesforce data entry and maintenance
- Support recurring monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Complete financial models -Assist with operational and technology-related improvement projects
3. Marketing & Content
- Write blog posts
- Assist with expanding social media presence
- Support production of monthly firm newsletter
- Complete comparative review of peer group’s marketing presence.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 31st, 2022
Tentative Interview Dates: September 7th — 9th, 2022
Tentative Start Date: Monday, September 19th, 2022
Tentative End Date: Friday, December 16th, 2022
To apply, please complete this application form by Wednesday, August 31st, 2022. Please reach out to Lewis Burnham with any questions.