MBA Semester Fellow, Collide Capital
Full-Time, NY or Remote
About Collide Capital
Collide Capital is a Venture Capital Firm investing in community driven platforms. Founded and managed by two Black General Partners, Aaron Samuels and Brian Hollins, who founded AfroTech and BLCK VC respectively, Collide Capital looks for incredible founders at the intersection of Academia, Culture, Industry, and Venture. To date, Collide Capital has deployed its Fund Zero Angel portfolio across 34 companies, of which over 80% are underrepresented founders. While Collide Capital is open to all founders, Collide Capital is specifically focused on founders building on themes related to Fintech Infrastructure, Supply Chain Redesign, Gen-Z focused Marketplaces, and Future of Workers. The Collide Capital team is small and scrappy and composed of passionate underdogs who believe that the world is filled with problems and that with the right investment, we can solve them.
Collide Capital seeks to work with part-time MBA fellows excited to be a part of building a new firm as part of our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for MBA fellows to gain exposure to what it takes to launch a fund, while learning more about investing in early stage startups. It is the ideal role for someone who has the conviction one day to raise their own venture fund, and wants to gain insight into the operational and investment sides of venture capital. Collide fellows will have the opportunity to take ownership in tangible resume-building projects, participate in weekly investment meetings and connect with founders and program alumni.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting with deal flow management, including researching and analyzing investment opportunities and attending industry-related events such as demo days and pitch meetings
- Performing due diligence on prospective portfolio funds and drafting investment memos
- Tracking existing portfolio company performance, tracking key metrics and ensuring founders feel well supported by Collide
- Supporting with Collide operational activities such as fund administration, CRM management and continuing to build operational support systems
- Supporting specific ecosystem-building activities for the portfolio
- Full-time MBA or comparable graduate-level coursework or comparable work experience at a tech or financial services firm
- Background in venture investing, private equity, financial services, or comparable experience
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent quantitative and research skills
- Diligent, thorough, and attentive to detail
- Advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills; experience with operational platforms such as Affinity, Airtable is a plus
It’s important to note that we’re still in startup mode ourselves! We’re building quickly, and other responsibilities will emerge as we build up our internal operations. We’re excited to partner with someone who can excel in ambiguity with a strong entrepreneurial drive and ability to take projects from concept to delivery.
Term: Collide Capital is looking to bring 1-3 fellows during the Fall term. This fellowship would be for September through December 2022, with an expected commitment of 10-15 hours per week.
For inquiries about future positions in the winter or summer terms, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Compensation: We offer both paid fellowships and unpaid fellowships for academic credit. The type of fellowships available vary each semester.
Details: This is a remote position.
Application: You can submit your application here when applications are open.
Collide Capital is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Collide Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.