We’re looking for an entrepreneurial fundraiser to lead the strategy for raising $5MM for the next phase of our launch. While RIVET’s model is fully self-sustaining, we will need philanthropic “build capital” until our model is fully built and operational. The Director, Venture Investment Fund will lead the revenue strategy for raising $5MM for this next phase of our build launch.
This is a rare opportunity to help bring a social change idea to reality with a vision that has the potential to powerfully transform our communities through unprecedented youth-led innovation. We’re looking for candidates who are comfortable in early-stage startups and who view ambiguity as an invitation for creativity and creation.
USD $9,000/month, 20 hours/week. We welcome interested applicants and independent consultants to bring their own perspective on the scope, time frame, and approach to this role.
Remote with possibility of infrequent in person meetings required. Current funders are concentrated in London, New York, and California. Candidates should be able to work with some overlap with Eastern, Pacific and Greenwich Mean Time zones business hours.
We’re looking for:
- Mission-alignment: You are passionate about authentic youth leadership and accelerating youth-led social change
- A startup builder: You have experience building systems, processes, and business solutions in a startup environment
- Adaptability & prioritization: You have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in an ambiguous, evolving environment
- A steward of others’ experience: You can champion a vision and help others see themselves in it
- Establish fundraising strategy, systems, and sequencing to raise $5MM over next 9-to-12 months
- Create and implement prospect identification and donor engagement framework
- Partner with the CEO to plan and build the Board of Directors and advisory groups to accelerate impact
Supporter Engagement and Fundraising:
- Raise funds through a portfolio of donor and prospect relationships and support our CEO with his outreach
- Manage high-level volunteer ambassadors and supporters with their portfolios of donors and prospects
- Establish the systems and culture that create a sense of belonging for high impact funders and volunteers
Story and Systems:
- Create compelling collateral and messaging
- Partner with operations team to design an initial set of fundraising systems to test and iterate
We recognize that no one candidate will possess every qualification and welcome candidates from different professional backgrounds who bring many of these professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Revenue leader – You have progressive professional experience achieving revenue goals by partnering with high-level volunteer ambassadors, professional nonprofit major gifts teams, and/or venture fund investors.
- Relationship builder – You have a proven track record identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors or investors at the 6+/-figure level. You deeply value and understand how to foster a meaningful experience for major supporters.
- Championing a vision – You have a passion for championing a vision and helping others see themselves in it.
- Startup fit – You thrive as an independent operator in early-stage startup ecosystems.
- Entrepreneurial approach to revenue models, organizational change, and building systems & infrastructure.
- Strategist & implementer – You make data-driven decisions and understand how to translate strategy into effective systems and operations.
- Prioritization – You can set clear priorities and steer others towards achieving goals.
- Equity & inclusion – You have a clear commitment and vision for how equity and inclusion show up in fundraising design.
- English fluency, written and spoken