Mach49 is the Growth Incubator for Global Businesses.
Mach49 partners with global businesses to build their growth engines through venture building, venture investing, strategic partnering, and targeted M&A. We are 100% focused on execution, helping our clients disrupt existing markets and create new ones to drive meaningful growth.
As an Investment Director, you will play a leadership role with our venturing leadership team and play a key role in building our portfolio through market research, critical analysis, thought leadership, junior team management, and building/maintaining our internal knowledge infrastructure. Responsibilities will include:
- Strategy development: Develop and refine investment theses via discovery and analysis of emerging themes, as well as strong networking across the venture ecosystem.
- Investment process management: Lead and develop all stages of venture capital investments from deal sourcing and pipeline development to due diligence, deal structuring, negotiation, closing, and execution.
- Thought leadership: Help develop Hines’s brand in relevant startup and venture capital audiences through frequent thought leadership, including speaking at industry events, writing blogs, LinkedIn/Twitter postings and appearing on podcasts.
- Network development: Build and nurture a relevance network to identify top deal flow as well as maintain relationships with trusted, top-tier co-investors, including VCs and other CVCs.
- Portfolio management: Work with portfolio companies to help grow their businesses both within Hines and beyond, including serving in board director and/or observer seats as required.
- Industry expertise: Maintain high depth of knowledge regarding Hines’s core businesses, as well as relevant industry, competitor, and other trends to maximize resulting opportunities.
- Mentorship: Provide management and coaching for junior team members as Hines’s formalizes its investment approach.
- Corporate engagement: Regularly interface with top executives at Hines to present industry analysis, portfolio updates, and other insights from the venturing ecosystem. In addition, work closely with business and technical leaders to develop collaboration plans that provide value to the corporation and portfolio companies.
- Internal operations: Grow and maintain our internal tools and knowledge database and create standardized operational processes to enable our team’s growth.
- Willingness to be based in New York, Los Angeles/San Francisco, or Houston
- Undergraduate or higher degree in engineering or technical field. MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in CVC/VC/banking with track record in deal making, partnering, corporate development, and/or business development roles.
- Background in the real estate/proptech sector along with connections and domain knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present to global internal and external audiences from various levels and backgrounds.
- Strong competence in quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive highly considered investment decisions. ● Demonstrated ability to establish key contacts to network effectively with external organizations, venture firms, and other sources of deal flow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with superior presentation skills. Existing thought leadership presence is a major plus.
- Ability to travel for deals, as needed.
Our client is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re helping them build a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.
Physical requirements include ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms, to listen and hear and/or read on and through electronic devices for extended periods of time.
Our client requires background checks and authorization to work in the US.