At Grosvenor, we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values – Integrity, Respect and Trust – and have the skills and ambition to help us implement our strategy.
Purpose of role
The Investment Director role with Grosvenor Food & AgTech will be a career-defining opportunity, working with an industry-leading investment team. The successful candidate will work with the Partners to execute firm strategy including to lead deal sourcing, diligence, negotiations and active management of investments and will manage team members in doing same. Our investment focus is purely on food and agriculture companies whose technology and business models are supportive of our objective to enable a future food system which is: better for our health, better for the planet and supportive of better producer economics. We operate internationally at all stages of the investment lifecycle and seek to deliver commercially appropriate returns. As a long-term permanent-capital vehicle, Grosvenor Food & Agtech has flexibility in holding-periods uncommon in the venture industry.
- Subject matter expertise
- The Investment Director will be required to have and acquire domain knowledge across food and agriculture to be credible with target businesses. Pre-existing domain knowledge in food and/or agriculture is preferred, but at a minimum a demonstrable personal and professional interest in these sectors will be required.
- The Investment Director will represent Grosvenor with peer firms, industry participants and target companies in the sector with the aim to develop valuable and lasting relationships key to our success.
- Investment expertise
- Track record of having lead and managed end-to-end the private-deal process including a demonstrated:
- Capability to manage the Terms Sheet, Investment Documentation and Closing processes
- Capability to develop and present a quality Investment Memorandum to support a new investment
- Capability to assist portfolio companies in fund-raising, M&A and partnering activities; and
- Capability to drive a successful exit, whether IPO, M&A or other sale.
- These capabilities will be “Been there, done that” experiences in an investment or operational business of relevance.
- Ideally the candidate has served as a Board member or Observer of multiple entrepreneurial/venture or private equity-backed companies. The Investment Director will be expected to act as a proxy for Partners at Board level and undertake company Board memberships.
- Demonstrable skills relevant to guiding companies in our portfolio to successful outcomes.
- Team Leadership
- Manage a team of Investment Managers, Associates and external providers through the investment and portfolio management process while ensuring compliance with our core principles.
- Coach, develop and mentor these team members in their career development.
- Other Experience
- Specific scientific (biology, chemistry, agronomic, food science) capabilities and training are desirable but not required
- Post-graduate and professional qualifications such as a relevant PhD, MBA, CFA or JD are desirable but not required
- The successful candidate will likely have more than 10 years relevant professional experience.
At Grosvenor we value diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our people. If you need assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please provide details along with your application
To apply for this job please click “Apply” below. To start your application you will be asked to create an account.
Please carefully read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before proceeding with an application. The privacy notice sets out how Grosvenor obtains, uses and protects the personal information which you provide to us. You can read the notice here – https://www.grosvenor.com/legal/recruitment-privacy-notice