Goodwater Capital’s mission is to empower exceptional entrepreneurs everywhere to change the world for good. We believe consumer technology is the most powerful force on earth, shaping global culture and transforming the global economy at unprecedented speed and scale. Goodwater is the world’s largest consumer-tech focused venture capital firm, managing over $5B of assets across seed to growth stage, and serving 600+ portfolio companies in 50+ countries. Our global portfolio of companies provide innovative technology products that address the daily needs of consumers — housing, health care, food, financial services, transportation, education, and entertainment.
Genesis, Goodwater’s seed program, is dedicated to finding and empowering the exceptional entrepreneurs who are going to build the future of consumer tech through a data-driven process. We provide founders around the world with unprecedented access to consumer tech insights, community, and capital to build a successful company and achieve their vision. In the next 10 years, our goal is to empower 10,000 seed stage companies to change the world.
We are seeking a highly strategic and operational leader with exceptional interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills to drive the strategy and execution of Goodwater’s seed program, Genesis. As the Seed Program Manager, you will be responsible for enabling investments in hundreds of seed stage startups and also onboarding, servicing, and managing a global portfolio of companies.
This is a hybrid operating and investing role that offers exposure to the fast-paced and dynamic world of venture capital investing. This role will be part of a two person team, reporting to the General Manager of the Genesis program. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of Goodwater’s seed program and impact the next generation of consumer tech entrepreneurs.
Operations: Develop playbook and drive program operations for a global portfolio of hundreds of companies. Collaborate with engineering to automate workflows and productize services to scale.
Investment: Define investment criteria, drive sourcing strategy, and operationalize the investment process to identify and invest in high potential seed-stage companies.
Portfolio Management: Monitor and track company performance to enable Series A conversions; build relationships with and gather investor updates from the most promising companies.
Data Analysis: Query and analyze data to drive operational and strategic decisions; build dashboards to track program and portfolio performance
Portfolio Service: Onboard and deliver portfolio services to founders and companies; create programs to meet founder needs and serve as voice of the customer to the firm.
Who we are looking for
- Demonstrated passion for helping startups succeed and have worked in either a venture capital firm, accelerator, or startup program.
- Systems thinker with ability to design and implement new processes and programs that scale
- Some investing experience; strong understanding of consumer tech businesses and metrics
- Strong analytical skills; Google Sheet manipulation and SQL proficiency preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface with all constituents – portfolio CEOs, multiple internal teams, and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and can work with investing, data science, engineering, and external partners to drive impact.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with insatiable desire to always be learning and develop/execute innovative solutions based on customer feedback.
- Ability to problem-solve and take a hands-on approach to challenges.
- This is a hybrid role; must be based in Bay Area and in office 3-4 times/week
Salary range is base salary only, and considers multiple levels; total comp also includes a generous carry component.
$150,000 – $225,000 a year