Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH (RBVC) is the corporate venture organization for Robert Bosch GmbH. RBVC’s goal is to identify and fund emerging and innovative start-ups with technologies and business models that could enhance the core business scope of BOSCH.
In the future, our world will be shaped by mega-trends such as urbanization, demographics and climate change. As a result, key challenges will be to supply local energy, water and the goods needed for daily life, as well as to ensure mobility, security and preventive healthcare while protecting the environment. BOSCH, thanks to its comprehensive product portfolio and industry focus, technological leadership and worldwide presence, is better placed than any other company to provide solutions to these challenges. In that, BOSCH is guided by its motto “Invented for life”.
With its analyses, market observations and investments in start-up companies, RBVC contributes to BOSCH’s endeavor to maintain its position at the cutting edge of innovation development. RBVC is located in Germany (Frankfurt/Stuttgart), and has (affiliated) offices in North America and Israel.
RBVC’s setup is designed and modeled as closely as possible to traditional Venture Capital funds, including staffing profiles (innovation-savvy organization and strategy advisors with transaction experience).
Four investment clusters have been identified by RBVC, covering existing, new and potential business: Automation & Electrification, Energy Efficiency, Enabling Technologies, and Healthcare Systems.
Job profile: Investment Director
RBVC is growing with its recently opened East Coast office based in Boston. In the future, as RBVC’s scope expands, Investment Directors will be given the tools and opportunities to grow within the RBVC organization.
Investment Directors are an integral member of the RBVC team responsible for generating deal flow and screening, organizing startup up community events, supporting the execution of investments, supporting in-depth due diligence, adding value to the portfolio companies at a management/strategic level, network with other VCs/CVCs, and preparing market research/competitive analysis when needed.
Travel throughout the East Coast and Europe as needed is required.
Background and experience:
A candidate at this level must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant professional experience. Ideal candidates are expected to have both technical and startup experience and can work independently on assigned tasks.
The ideal candidate must have the following
- Proficiency assessing early-stage technologies and teams
- Experience networking with startups and co-investors,
- Highly organized and motivated
- High integrity and a team player
- Proficiency comprehending a technology and understanding the technical and commercial challenges in a development process, in at least one of RBVC’s search clusters
- Valuation and transaction experience, ideally in a start-up environment
- Significant strategy & business development know-how
- Proficiency to grasp a business model and understand the challenges in building the business.
- Proficiency to present to the team in a professional manner
- Networking skills (entrepreneurs, research institutes, corporations, government, and academia)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills