Booz Allen Hamilton
Work as a key member of the Booz Allen Hamilton Ventures team supporting all aspects of the deal review process, including quantitative analysis, financial modeling, sensitivity analysis, competitor and market scans, customer/investor interviews, and technology reviews. Identify and source strong investment opportunities in key focus sectors and review a high-volume of inbound pipeline to triage relevant opportunities. Perform in-depth research to support new and existing investment thesis development, including producing written research/analysis, sector presentations, white papers, and investment memos for the Booz Allen Hamilton Ventures team and Booz Allen Hamilton stakeholders. Manage internal pipeline and portfolio management tools and contribute to internal-facing reporting on portfolio health and investment theses. Coordinate with relevant internal teams such as legal, finance and accounting through deal processes and also support negotiations with investment targets. Support commercial engagements (pilots) between portfolio companies and Booz Allen Hamilton in addition to utilizing Booz Allen Hamilton Ventures’ collective networks to drive value for the portfolio. Develop relationships with relevant founders, VCs, and corporate executives, along with key internal stakeholders, to support new investment and portfolio management activities to extend Booz Allen Hamilton Ventures’ reach in key communities by hosting and attending industry events and producing written and audio and video content. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
- 8+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity investing, venture capital, and venture and private equity investing with a technology company
- Experience with a quantifiable track record of success on prior venture and innovation deals, from ideation and sourcing to execution
- Experience with venture capital project and stakeholder management
- Experience with Intellectual Property reviews, corporate governance, material agreements and operational capabilities of target investments
- Experience with deal structuring, including the management and performance of the analytics, including quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and sensitivity analysis
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of interests in technology, venture capital, and startups with demonstrated exposure to areas of relevance to the firm’s business
- Ability to forge relationships with startup founders, investors, and corporate executives communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately and execute them to completion independently
- Possession of excellent time and work management skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.