Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the world, and we’ve strived to maintain strategic and stable growth throughout our 83-year history. Today, we’re on the lookout for energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the ability to strengthen – and thrive in – the positive work environment we pride ourselves on.
Location: Plano, TX, USA
This position will be responsible for deal sourcing, due diligence, competitive landscape analysis, drafting investment memo, facilitate Proof of Concept (PoC) and create a successful business integration with Yazaki and an emerging external startup company.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES
- Analysis of startup ecosystems and research the latest industry trends to create respective reports, market maps and strategy recommendations.
- Evaluation of startups within and beyond the mobility, autonomous, electric, connect, energy etc.
- End-to-end responsibility, from trend identification, deal sourcing, startup evaluation, competitive landscape analysis, draft investment memo to structuring a proof-of-concept
- Technical Scouting: identifying startup companies that fulfill Yazaki’s technical capability gaps required for the new business opportunities
- Business Development: Assist with creating business opportunities around Yazaki (and supplier’s) internal corporate “pain point” that would lead to new business opportunities that address external industry issues, based on an existing startup company’s business solution.
- Project Management: managing the PoC and/or Deal structure process to ensure a successful integration is made to align Yazaki and the startup companies’ business activities.
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business; MBA is a plus
Previous Experience: Intern experience in a venture capital firm/corporate venture capital firm is a plus; detail orientated, highly organized, and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; interest and passion in pursuing investment deals; strong people skills, positive and collaborative mindset; strong communication skills