Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Innovation Analyst would be part of a multidisciplinary team sourcing, vetting, performing diligence, completing financial modeling related to healthcare (e.g., digital health, diagnostics, medical devices) specific innovation initiatives, start-ups or ventures, and spearheading implementation of select innovations. This individual will play a key role in supporting the Chief Innovation Officer and Innovation Executive Council in strategic activities.
- 1. Participate in internal innovation idea diligence process and innovation portfolio management including innovation idea prioritization & evaluation, financial assessment and forecasting, value-adding projection, negotiation, clinical need impact assessment
- 2. Support the external investment team by contributing preliminary due diligence efforts, including financial analysis of investments, analysis & projections of returns, scenario planning, and operating plan analysis
- 3. Carry out primary and secondary research in an effort to provide key insights to support decision making
- 4. Coordinate project plans for collaboration between YNHHS, YM and portfolio companies
- 5. Cultivate and grow internal network of applicable subject matter experts and advisors while maintaining external network of entrepreneurs and investors who are interested in working closely with YNHHS
- 6. Plan and facilitate internal educational seminars, proposal calls, pitch events, and other innovation events
- 7. Coordinate, oversee and provide traction of internal pilots in an effort to assess commercial viability
- 8. Assist in the development of innovation infrastructure, process and capabilities
- 9. Provide constructive feedback to early stage entrepreneurs and mentorship to internal innovators in select areas
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in healthcare or business (MBA, MHA, MPH, or equivalent) preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with clinical and/or technical qualifications.
– Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an entrepreneurial setting at a healthcare company (e.g., digital health, medical devices, services, diagnostics, etc.). In addition to entrepreneurial background, experience in venture capital or strategy consulting in the healthcare sector is preferred. – Understanding and familiarity of the national and New England healthcare entrepreneurial horizon and general healthcare market landscape – Experience with strategic planning and finance – Strong knowledge of healthcare technology trends, regulation, reimbursement and product life cycle – Domain expertise in healthcare operations, strategy and business development – Experience in an operating role in healthcare startups – Deep market expertise in one or several areas of healthcare – Experience leading full due diligence processes of healthcare equity investments
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and high proficiency in Excel – Strong project and relationship management skills – Strong written and verbal communication skills – Team player, dedicated learner and individually motivated – Passion for knowledge, drive for excellence, demonstrated leadership capabilities, well developed executive presence and communication skills