Web Summit Ventures
In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
Backed by an incredible group of founders, Web Summit Ventures (WSV) identifies and supports the most exciting startups in our network. We invest from Seed to Series B across Europe and North America.
As an Associate, you will work directly with the fund partners, closely collaborating with them and be a critical member of a tightly knit investment team.
Who you are
- At least two years of work experience in tech startups, high-performing companies, or management consulting / investment banking with a demonstrated passion for tech and entrepreneurship – events/ecosystem participation
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving, fast-paced environments
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Analytical and number/data-driven
- Strong writing and editing skills
- An existing network of relationships with founders/VCs is preferred
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, e.g. finance, economics or engineering, is preferred
- This role can be worked remotely with the candidate, ideally based in one of Europe’s major startup hubs such as London, Berlin or Paris
What you’ll achieve
- Sourcing investments – initiating and cultivating relationships with high-growth technology companies ahead of potential investment
- Evaluating investments – preparing investment memos
- Winning investments – hustle/grit
- Supporting portfolio companies – #valueadd
- Represent – engage in the ecosystem through participation at events and content creation
Perks & Benefits
- Hybrid/flexible working model
- Competitive carry and comp
- Extensive travel
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.