Viewpoint Ventures is a New York City-based, multi-stage, thesis-driven venture capital firm focused on insurtech, financial services, and related spaces.
About the Associate role
We are looking for an Associate to join our investing team. The Associate will work directly with Viewpoint’s senior investors on all investing activities, including deal sourcing, evaluation and diligence, new thesis creation, and portfolio support. The Associate will be a critical member of the firm’s early team and will need to be a strong contributor from the beginning of his/her employment.
Associate responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities and screening potential investments for fit with Viewpoint’s investing theses. Associates will lead Viewpoint’s effort to build relationships with every insurtech company, regardless of stage.
- Investment due diligence and execution, including market assessment, financial analysis, and deal structure evaluation.
- Portfolio company support, including strategy formulation and board participation.
- Creation of Viewpoint’s investing theses, including industry research and analysis to identify target areas for investment.
- Building Viewpoint’s presence in the venture and fintech ecosystems, including networking, brand enhancement activities, and thought leadership publications.
- A desire to work on an engaged, driven team that values thoughtful debate in pursuit of the right answer.
- An ability to form and defend an opinion in a structured manner, and modify that opinion with new data (i.e., a “strong opinions, weakly held” approach).
- A deeply curious individual who seeks to understand how systems, companies, and markets work.
- A team-first individual that values integrity and has a desire to develop deep relationships with colleagues.
- Structured, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for entrepreneurship, investing, and the financial services industry and adjacent industries, including insurance, asset management, and real estate.
- 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- A track record of achievement, including strong academic performance and work performance.
- A self-starter that enjoys taking initiative on new projects and that can provide high-quality work product quickly.
- A willingness to be based in the New York City area and work in-person 3 days per week.
- A willingness to travel 25% of the time.
The role comes with highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance, a 401(k) program, paid family leave, and paid vacation.
If interested, please contact Ryan Frisbie (email@example.com). Please include a resume and a summary of your interest in/qualification for the position.