Touchdown Ventures is a corporate venture capital (CVC) firm that partners with corporations to invest in early and growth stage companies across a variety of industries, including media, retail, manufacturing, enterprise software, healthcare and food & beverage, among others. With a team of 50+ investment professionals across San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia offices, the firm manages more than fifteen corporate venture capital funds.
We are expanding our team and hiring a Venture Capital Associate to join our Built World (real estate, construction, infrastructure, and energy) investing team in Philadelphia. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience. The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
This position will be based in the Philadelphia office.
• Work with senior investment professionals to manage our corporate venture capital funds
• Identify and source attractive investment opportunities
• Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches
• Conduct research new built world investment sectors of interest
• Perform due diligence on prospective investments and strategic deals
• Prepare presentations and associated analysis related to managing our corporate venture capital funds
• Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years work experience with an investment bank, consulting firm, and/or technology company and the ability to demonstrate:
• Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
• Critical thinking, including strong research and analytical abilities
• Some demonstrable interest in the broader real estate and built world environment
• Proven project management capabilities
• Superior PowerPoint and communication skills
• Experience building financial models and performing quantitative analysis
• Capable of forging relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
• Ability to work in a start-up culture
Industry competitive – includes base salary, bonus, profit share, and full benefits.