The Heritage Group
HG Ventures is the corporate venture investing arm within the Heritage Group (THG), expanding upon and leveraging our 90-year track record of building diverse and successful companies in sustainability, environmental services, energy, transportation infrastructure, and specialty chemicals. We seek to build companies internally and invest in high-potential companies from seed to growth-equity stage with thematic connections to THG’s operating businesses. Our diligence process and ability to enable our portfolio companies’ growth is maximized by the deep technical and market expertise of the Heritage Group coupled with the entrepreneurial experience of HG Ventures. We are based in Indianapolis at the Heritage Center , which also houses our corporate headquarters, our R&D lab, and our Heritage Group Accelerator.
We are looking to add an Associate to our investment team with an operating background in science or engineering in fields relevant to the Heritage Group and the experience in product development, new company growth, operations, and/or technology scouting necessary to evaluate internal and external investment opportunities and aid the growth of our companies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science, engineering, or related materials science discipline
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is required
- 3 years of experience in research, product development, or operations
- Technical experience in one of the following sectors: advanced materials, specialty chemicals, environmental services, construction, energy, or software related to these fields.
- Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with understanding and evaluating early-stage technologies
Initial Responsibilities Will Include
- Sourcing and screening investment opportunities, internally and externally
- Interacting directly with entrepreneurs and executive teams
- Creating and executing diligence plans, including technical, business, and market assessments
- Supporting portfolio companies
- Assisting internal corporate innovation practices, including training and idea incubation
Associates are mentored by experienced venture professionals and will have an opportunity to develop into Directors.
The Heritage Group welcomes the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all to work together to accomplish our goals.