Tectonic Ventures partners with entrepreneurs to solve meaningful problems across the Enterprise landscape through technology-enabled solutions that have lasting value in the networks, data, and platforms they create. We are building a new type of venture firm necessary for the increasing time that founders need to be ready for their Series A. We become trusted advisors and collaborators, nurturing teams as they scale and develop world-class execution. We invest and partner with entrepreneurs from inception to seed stage. We raise small funds of ~$75M at a time and are happy to write the first check into a new idea. We provide experience, an expansive network, and, as entrepreneurs ourselves, the right mindset to help founders realize their vision. Remarkable founders have a vision that will shift the future – our passion is to help make that happen.
Learn more at: www.tectonicventures.com
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
We are a small tight-knit team seeking a Pre-MBA Associate to join us and help make Tectonic, and our portfolio, succeed. We are particularly ingrained in the Harvard Business School, MIT Sloan, and Boston / New York tech communities. The right person would have a true passion for the startup ecosystem and enjoy learning about everything it takes to both build a startup and run a venture firm. You will participate in and/or lead initiatives in all aspects of running a venture firm (including Partner meetings and firm operations). You should be detail-oriented and ready to shepherd a potential investment across the finish line — from conducting research / due diligence and writing investment committee memos, to reading legal docs and interfacing with lawyers. You would also enjoy community building and adding value to the tech ecosystem. The right person feels very comfortable around numbers and could help support the audit process and other critical tasks related to fund financial management. Finally, when not crushing on things that need to be done, you probably enjoy reading about emerging technologies or working with a portfolio company on a project. The position offers the rare opportunity to learn the venture business in depth. Venture is an apprenticeship business, and we take our mentoring responsibilities seriously.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Unequivocal passion for startups / tech and respect for entrepreneurs.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in tech/startups (particularly in a product role), investment banking, management consulting, or private investment management, preferably in venture capital or private equity emerging growth (highly successful startups often break the mold – if you do not exactly fit the prior experience but have been successful in another similarly analytical and rigorous role, we are open to learning more).
- Excellent analytical, research, communication, and writing skills.
- Independent and humble thinker with a deep sense of curiosity and commitment to learning.
- Self-initiative and “roll-up sleeves” attitude to always produce excellent work while being comfortable in a dynamic environment with competing demands and priorities.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with major or extensive coursework in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or business / finance.
- Familiarity with venture finance terms and calculations is a plus.
- Infectious enthusiasm and a readiness to learn the venture capital industry and company-building process at an accelerated pace.
Compensation: Market competitive
How to Apply:
If you think you might be a good fit, we would enjoy learning more about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Cover Letter
- To help us understand you better, please include a statement telling us why you think you would be a good fit for the role and the team. Answer in whatever form, format, and length you would like.
We look forward to learning about you!