Techstars operates 50+ Accelerator programs around the globe, and we are looking for a Venture Associate to join the Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator. We source globally each year to accept ten startups and two nonprofits into our program. The Venture Associate will work closely with the investment-focused Managing Director to identify potential startup investments and conduct future of work, workforce, and edtech related research. The Venture Associate will report to and primarily assist the Managing Director.
We are looking to fill this opportunity as soon as possible. We are looking for a candidate able to commit to the opportunity through August 2022.
- Part-time, 10 – 20 hours per week
- The Venture Associates will engage with the efforts for the 2021 Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator, research projects in collaboration with the MD, and future recruiting efforts. The Venture Associate and MD will meet at least weekly to coordinate on priorities, meet synchronously as needed for project collaboration, and communicate regularly asynchronously.
- The majority of working time will be flexible and can adapt to the schedule of the Venture Associate.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Venture Associate work be comprised of the four following categories:
- Identifying startups for investment
- Assist the Managing Director with identifying, sourcing, and screening startups globally throughout the application process of the program
- Work with the greater Techstars team to utilize tools and resources to gather relevant data throughout the company screening process
- Adhere to Techstars best practices relating to email and social media outreach
- Provide support for TSWFD sourcing events including marketing, logistics, and execution support for webinars, social media streaming events, and podcast
- Ensure email compliance for GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL and similar regional email laws
- Meet with prospective founders to share information on the program, assess startups and / or nonprofits, and contribute to pipeline review meetings
- Support application review in the first two weeks of August
- Market research and investment diligence
- Execute research on the EdTech, workforce development, and future of work spaces to map the market, identify trends for companies and financing, and analyze product and competitive dynamics
- Contribute to investment memos and specific company diligence for the class selection process
- Research project
- Execute research for an ongoing workforce research project, including building a cross-sector market map and collecting market data
- Legal and contract analysis to support data collection
- Other projects and tasks in partnership with the MD
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
If interested, please apply here.