Start Date: ASAP
Targeted End Date: Mid-November 2022
Do you get excited by helping companies succeed? Do you want to dive into startup land and help source and build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies.
We work in a collaborative environment where flexibility, cross-cultural understanding and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and celebrated. Techstars Crypto Boston powered by Algorand is made up a fun, diverse, results-driven team who believe in #givefirst, the potential of every idea, and strengthening the companies we work with and the larger startup ecosystem.
As a Venture Associate, you will broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in the country.
This role is a part-time, temporary, contract position with a targeted end date of mid-November.
General Job Description and Position Details:
As the Venture Associate, you will:
- Aid the Managing Director and Investment Principal in sourcing startups and filling the funnel of applicants.
- Assist in screening and assessing applicants
- The position will be remote
- This role is a part-time, temporary, contract position with a targeted end date of mid-November.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 1+ year(s) relevant experience in a fast-paced environment with a focus on entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, fundraising, and/or consulting
- Experience with research tools and methodologies
- Basic understanding of marketing CRM and lead management, and market research; due diligence and investment experience a plus
- Familiarity with websites such as LinkedIn, Crunchbase, AngelList, and Pitchbook is a strong plus.
Successful Candidates will demonstrate the following competencies through a combination of previous education/work experiences:
- Initiative – Proactively create and/or follow through on new ideas and strategies;
- Attention to Detail – Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming;
- Written Communication – Excellent written communication skills and ability to accurately convey background and interests of funders, ideally associating their interests with Techstars’ organizational need and priorities;
- Interpersonal Skills – A high level of professionalism and ability to connect with others to build positive relationships and be a true team player while maintaining our “Founder First” mentality;
- Forward Thinking – Anticipate the implications and after effects of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible outcomes.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $23 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.