With approximately 15,000 employees, Technip Energies is one of the largest engineering and technology companies globally, with leadership positions in LNG, hydrogen and ethylene as well as growing market positions in sustainable chemistry and CO2 management.
If you share our clear vision to drive the transition to a low-carbon future, then this could be the job for you. We are currently seeking a Partnership and Venture Associate, reporting directly to Yu Huang, Head of Partnerships & Ventures to join our team preferably based in Houston, Texas, USA.
About the Job
As a member of the partnerships and ventures team, reporting to the Head of Partnerships and Ventures, you will have the opportunity to work in the process of scouting, evaluating, facilitating & structuring strategic partnerships including Joint Ventures, and investment in innovative startups and new technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the external innovation team to identify strategic partnership and investment opportunities and work closely with Business Line (BL) & Technology to screen and shortlist opportunities based on strategic importance, impact to BL business, and scoring guide.
- Conduct necessary market research and analysis to evaluate and benchmark startups.
- Work with BL closely to brainstorm collaboration mode, i.e. partnership, JV, minority investment and make recommended approach to Head of Partnerships and Ventures.
- Liaison with the M&A team to obtain the business plan to justify investment case.
- Coordinate with relevant parties internally and externally to conduct due diligence (DD) and complete DD report and prepare investment memos.
- Gathering performance KPI of existing partnerships and investments.
- Prepare Investment Committee presentation for both existing KPI reporting as well as new investment decisions.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with technical knowledge in a particular industry
- Business strategy experience preferred but not required.
- 5-10 years of similar experience, ideally at a venture capital firm, investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or a startup, but not required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and risk
- Self-starter and take initiatives.
- Good business acumen
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with and coordinating with multi-departments/teams within the company.
- Ability to work well in a team and think creatively and strategically.