Tech Wildcatters (TW) is an actively-managed global venture capital fund and accelerator program founded in 2009 with a proven track record including 13 exits and Series B/C follow-on funding.
TW’s goal for 2023 and beyond is to build a world-class VC institution driven by our proprietary hands-on mentoring approach and the ability to help our founders pursue ambitious global objectives early in the journey.
TW is seeking an Associate to join our emerging global VC fund. This Associate role will be part of TW’s VC Leadership Development program will be based out of TW’s Dallas HQ with opportunities for subsequent relocation into other TW markets, including San Francisco and New York.
Here at TW, we put a strong emphasis on talent development which will allow our team members to learn, grow, and perform at a high-caliber level with a pathway to career progression here at TW or to become future leaders in VC, startups, technology, investments, business, or whichever path they choose to pursue.
Our candidate will have significant involvement and impact on all aspects of the firm’s management and strategic goals. Applicants must have a balance of analytical rigor and strong writing and communication skills The Candidate responsibilities will include:
Investor Relations / Fundraising
• Outreach and meeting support with current LPs
• Responding to existing LPs requests and questions
• Fundraising support for upcoming Mentorship Accelerator Fund
• Outreach and meeting support with potential new LPs for Fund
• Maintain Investors lists (family offices, institutions, corporates)
• Portfolio management of Existing Startups including quarterly/annual reporting and curating mentorship resources
• Tracking of portfolio news and curating into TW investor updates, community newsletter, and social media channels
• Sourcing investment opportunities
• Deal due diligence and reference calls
• Creating presentation materials for investment theses
• Financial and Valuation Analysis
• Competitive and Market Research
• Corporate CRM
• Analyze and track portfolio performance
Successful applicants should be knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in the following domains:
• IR/Fundraising: Experience in finance, investor outreach, LP fundraising
• Diligence: Quantitative and qualitative diligence on venture deals
• Industry research: writing industry and market analysis
• Network: LPs and Angel investors and/or startup founders across the USA
• 3-5 years of prior experience, preferably from within venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or a venture-backed startup
• Outstanding academic track record, extracurricular success, and intellectual curiosity
• Entrepreneurial – TW requires team members who are motivated self-starters with ability to work with only limited supervision and the ability to think outside the box for unconventional solutions
• Computer Skills – PowerPoint and Excel Modeling, Pitchbook, Crunchbase and other online tools preferred
• Ability to create and deliver investor presentations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with ease