Silicon Foundry is an innovation advisory firm that catalyzes opportunities and accelerates change to push the frontier of what’s possible.
We help our Members navigate new technologies and market shifts, discover and engage with key emerging leaders, and unlock high-impact customer, partnership, investment, co-creation, and acquisition opportunities. Our Members represent a diverse spectrum of corporations from across the globe, such as BP, Capital Group, NatWest, UPS, DISH / Boost Wireless, SK Hynix, SK Innovation, and Southwest Airlines, and many more. Learn more at www.sifoundry.com.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for our next Associate to join our team as we continue to scale and expand the scope of our business. This role will work directly with our CEO on a wide range of initiatives, from the pursuit of new business development opportunities, direct servicing of select Member accounts, tackling operational elements as we refine our offering to the market, and executing an ever changing number of strategic special projects. This is a unique opportunity to work very closely with our CEO day-to-day and will afford the chance to contribute and afford visibility across all aspects of Silicon Foundry’s business.
This person is someone highly organized, who can wear multiple hats, and loves to be involved in numerous impactful work streams at once. They thrive in a startup environment with significant flexibility, freedom, and responsibility. They have an endlessly positive and can-do attitude with relentless drive and a desire
Even if you do not meet all the requirements listed below, we still encourage you to apply for this position. While we strive to be thorough with our prerequisites, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points.
Who You Are:
- You are excited to work closely with senior management – to quickly and continuously deliver impact by rolling up your sleeves to tackle a wide range of projects and
- You have the ability to quickly grasp emerging technologies, product trends, cultural shifts, changing market dynamics, and understand how they can evolve, create opportunities, and shape the future.
- You are able to form thoughtful and considered perspectives on a breadth and depth of topics, supported by both objective evidence and strategic conviction.
- You have strong verbal and written communication and organization skills and experience interacting with senior stakeholders.
- You are a visual storyteller – you can put together decks and proposals that respond to our prospect’s needs
- You can work with minimal supervision and direction and proactively take ownership of tasks
- You want to work at a startup! And with that, you’re adaptable and eager to learn new skills. You love to wear multiple hats and manage several live projects simultaneously at any given point in time.
- You are empathetic, self-aware, and able to build strong relationships based on trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Special projects : mirroring and supporting a broad spectrum of activities that the CEO has a hand in and is responsible for across the firm.
- Business development: Work with the CEO to support business development activities to grow our Member network.
- Startup sourcing: Identify startups with the most compelling teams, tech and traction; create target lists, identify relevant recommendations and make direct connections between startups and Members.
- Market analysis: Perform in-depth research across trends, technologies, industries, corporations, and startups in order to extract key takeaways and organize them into curated insights and actionable opportunities for our Members.
- Synthesis: Organize insights on technology, emerging models, and trends into a compelling narrative that shapes/influences outcomes.
- Network building: Continuously build authentic relationships with startup founders and VC investors, while generating awareness and communicating our value proposition to the broader tech community.
- Experiences: help orchestrate private events and executive briefings – crafting agendas and owning all aspects of these day-long immersive experiences for visiting C-suite executives.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 2-4+ years of proven performance in business or corporate development, venture capital, investment banking, or strategy consulting type roles
- Exceedingly positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves in a startup environment
- Exceptional drive and self-starter with integrity, authenticity, and a healthy dose of humility
- Strategic aptitude, maturity, and deep curiosity essential
- Fundamental passion for and broad knowledge of the technology industry
- High degree of ownership of work product, exceptional attention to detail
- Service-first mentality – completes requests promptly, completely and with price of ownership
- Role is for applicants currently in or willing to relocate (without assistance) to the San Francisco Bay Area. Note that a relocation budget is not available
- Role is based at our Hub in San Francisco and most weeks will be 3-4 days on-site
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your employment start date
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (sponsorship for an employment visa is not available)
Why should you be interested?
- Unique individual role to collaborate with our senior leader(s) and core platform that spans exposure to venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation, and strategic advisory
- Access to and relationship building with C-level executives from forward-thinking global F500 corporates, top startup founders, and their venture investors
- Daily insight and exposure to a wide variety of sectors, including automotive, beauty, financial services, retail, industrial, etc.
- Experience meaningfully contributing to the vision of a rapidly growing team and firm
- High degree of flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Competitive compensation, perks, and equity upside
- Unlimited PTO Policy.
- Monthly Wellness + Wireless Benefits.
- Hybrid-Office Model (for those residing in the San Francisco Bay Area).
- Equity-eligible position (“Profit Interests”).
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Salary Range: $90,000 to $110,000.