Serena Ventures is an early-stage venture firm led by tennis superstar, investor, and entrepreneur Serena Williams. At Serena Ventures we back groundbreaking entrepreneurs building products that are making the everyday lives of everyday people better. We are an early-stage firm, investing at Pre-seed, Seed, and Series A companies in e-commerce, fintech, health & wellness, and web 3.0.
We are looking to bring on an intellectual athlete with the curiosity, enthusiasm, and collaborative mindset necessary to thrive in a dynamic role.
Who you are:
An aspiring investor who’s obsessed with being a part of a winning team. You know that saying “yes” is harder than saying no, and you don’t back down from a challenge. You want to find a home to build your skills as an investor. You have a “we before me” mindset and understand every deal won is a team effort. You’re a data-driven, deep-thinker, and passionate about developing your career in Venture Capital alongside other hard-working teammates.
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial mindset, and passion for investing in new technologies and startups
- A minimum of 1-2 years working in consulting, investment banking, venture capital, and/or at a startup.
- Analytical mindset; ability and experience in synthesizing large amounts of information to ascertain what matters and to create models that forecast outcomes
- High level of maturity and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent ability and willingness to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
Please note, authorization to work in the US is required for this role
What you’ll do:
As an Associate, you’ll report to our General Partner. We see this role as a long-term role on the path to Senior Associate and beyond in the years to come.
Deals Deals Deals
- Use your financial modeling skills and analytical skills in supporting investment team across all deal lifecycle phases and categories of companies
- Perform diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, and reference calls
- Develop a narrative from the data and your advanced proficiency of cap table mechanics and deal analytics, metrics, and benchmarks
- Research industry trends, sectors, and companies and develop a point of view
- Source new investment opportunities: research prospective startups and connect with entrepreneurs
- Create presentation materials for internal and external consumption, as well as investment memos for deals
- Provide ongoing support for portfolio companies
The Serena Ventures Ecosystem
- Support Senior Associates, Principals, and Partners in their representation of the firm externally
What this role isn’t *yet*: