Sageview Capital provides growth equity and operational support to leading software and technology companies. We back ambitious entrepreneurs and management teams with innovative products to help them scale to industry leaders.
The Founders of Sageview have been investing together for 30+ years (~20 at KKR and 10+ here at Sageview). Together, they have served on 65+ corporate boards across industries and throughout various market cycles. Given this extensive experience, we have the connectivity throughout the Global 2000 to introduce our companies to the customers, executives, and talent required to grow their businesses. We also have the expertise needed to know which operational best practices are right for our companies to grow wisely.
We’re business builders, not deal makers; as active partners, we help our companies create their growth strategy and provide or connect them to the resources to execute against that plan. Since 2008, Sageview has deployed over $1.2 billion across 30 growth capital investments with strong returns and an effectively 0% loss ratio.
We invest in fast-growing and innovative technology companies with established product-market fit, a strong referenceable customer base, and a robust financial profile. We typically invest in companies with greater than $5M of revenue, focusing on B2B software.
We are looking to add an eager Associate to our growing team for an immediate start. As an Associate, you will actively participate in all stages of the investment process: from sourcing opportunities to conducting due diligence to supporting our portfolio companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Research new/attractive markets for potential opportunities
– Conduct outreach to and screen prospective investments
– Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g., industry analyses, competitive position, growth prospects)
– Build detailed financial models to analyze investment returns and perform valuation analyses
– Support team with quarterly reporting, annual meetings, and ad hoc requests for information
– Support our portfolio companies with strategic decisions and ad hoc analyses
While we typically hire individuals who have completed 2-4 years of investment banking or consulting, we are open to other professions as well. Note that this role is for an immediate start in our Palo Alto, CA office in a hybrid work environment.
We find that successful candidates have the following qualities:
– Curiosity and the desire to learn and share new ideas
– Hardworking self-starter who can succeed with little direction
– Team player
– Strong critical thinking skills
– Interest in technology, especially B2B software (prior experience is not required)
– Desire to work in the growth equity space
– Detail-oriented financial modeling and analytical skills
Submit your application (resume & a cover letter) to email@example.com