Builders Vision (BV) is an impact platform dedicated to promoting a humane and healthy planet. Builders Vision includes a range of impact investing and philanthropic capabilities to support, seed and scale sustainable agriculture, food systems, renewable energy, and ocean health. Today it encompasses a venture and growth equity group (S2G Ventures), an asset management team (Builders Asset Management), and a family foundation (Builders Initiative).
About S2G Ventures
S2G Ventures is a multi-stage venture fund investing in food / agriculture, oceans / seafood, and energy globally. The fund’s mission is to invest in trailblazing entrepreneurs to build a humane and healthy planet. The fund is presently hiring on three teams:
- S2G Oceans & Seafood: The S2G Oceans & Seafood Fund is a commitment to invest in technologies and business models that can alter the trajectory of ocean health, climate resilience, and food security while also generating above-average risk-adjusted financial returns. For more information about the Oceans & Seafood fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/oceans-seafood
- S2G Energy: The S2G Energy & Climate Fund is a commitment to invest in company and asset investments in all parts of the clean energy value chain from development platforms to hardware / software companies to services plays supporting the energy transition while also generating above-average risk-adjusted financial returns. For more information about the Energy fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/clean-energy
- S2G Real Assets: The S2G Real Assets Fund is a commitment to invest in asset-oriented business and projects across the clean energy, food and agriculture, and oceans value chains supporting the deployment of climate solutions. For more information about the Real Assets fund, please visit https://www.s2gventures.com/real-assets
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join one of the leading venture capital investment firms committed to sustainability and climate action. As a member of the investment team, Associates spend their time on new investment opportunities, portfolio company management, and internal firm operations. As an Associate you will get experience in evaluating new investments and learning, from the ground-up, how a sector-specific venture capital investor identifies, evaluates, and executes investments in a diverse set of companies. Associates will have the opportunity to work closely with senior members of the firm and interact with management teams and external advisors.
Associates are responsible for supporting the due diligence and research efforts of a deal team and will work with portfolio company executives (CEOs, COOs, etc.) to employ S2G’s investment and operating model to drive investor returns and impact. You will evaluate hundreds of investment opportunities, gain strong industry and business model expertise, and develop your abilities as a venture capital investor. In addition to these roles, Associates will contribute to industry research and white papers.
This individual will have the unique opportunity to join a fund in its early days and influence the long-term trajectory of the fund while benefiting from the infrastructure and expertise of the S2G and Builders Vision platforms.
Key responsibilities Include:
The position is up to a three-year commitment with an option to extend, designed for an individual who is interested in expanding their knowledge of early-stage investing, a variety of industries across the sustainable economy, and unique business operations and models. Responsibilities will revolve around three primary types of work:
- New Investments – Associates will work with deal teams to help source and evaluate investment opportunities, research industry dynamics, analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information, and support the execution of deals. Candidate needs to be proficient in financial modeling and able to build a financial model based on particular assumptions. Candidates will have a significant role in authorship investment memorandums and must be comfortable with their writing skills.
- Portfolio Management – Associates will work with deal teams to help manage portfolio company reporting, oversight, and operations. Associates will work directly with management teams to help implement industry best practices in a variety of areas (examples include financial reporting, capital raising, exit planning, etc.)
- Firm Operations – Associates will work across the firm and have responsibility around reporting and valuation modeling, industry and company data collection and tracking, CEO summits and working with external service providers.
- S2G as an organization is focused first on culture – engaging with humility and kindness is as important as the skills that you bring to the role
- Strong analytical and financial abilities with well-developed Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills. High degree of comfort writing detailed reports and explaining complex topics succinctly.
- Approximately 3 – 4 years of experience. Experience with financial or strategic analysis through a private equity firm, investment bank, startups, corporate or consulting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and proven ability to learn new concepts and industries quickly
- Self-starter with a track record of going above and beyond what is asked
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and entrepreneurs
To apply, please email a resume and a short cover letter (not exceed 800 characters) describing your interest in and ability to contribute to the mission of S2G to our recruiting partner CarterPierce – email@example.com – with “S2G Ventures Investment Associate” in the email subject line.