RSE Ventures (www.rseventures.com) is a private investment firm founded by Stephen M. Ross and Matt Higgins, focusing on consumer brands across food, technology, sports and media. RSE’s Investing and Portfolio Management team is seeking an Associate for a two-year program to help manage elements of our growing, existing portfolio, as well as in evaluating new investment opportunities. The Associate will play a major role on our nimble team; this is a two-year position.
RSE Ventures specializes in incubating, operating and developing industry leaders at crucial inflection points in their growth trajectory. Some of our partners include:
Consumer: Momofuku, Milk Bar, Magnolia Bakery, Fuku, &Pizza, Bluestone Lane, Lola, Banza, Magic Spoon, Pattern Brands, Thrasio, Omaze
Media: VaynerX, Derris (exited)
Sports & Entertainment: Drone Racing League, International Champions Cup, Action Network (exited)
Technology: Resy (exited), Skout Cybersecurity (exited), Dapper Labs, Nifty League, ResQ, Assembly, Flowcarbon
If you are interested and meet the qualifications below, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “RSE Associate Position” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission is September 5, 2022.
- Work with and support the Investing and Portfolio Management team across RSE initiatives
- Research, track and analyze news in consumer, sports, media, entertainment and technology
- Understand global consumer, sports, entertainment and tech landscape, and emerging trends
- Play a crucial role within RSE analyzing and executing new investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence on active transactions including business analysis, operating and capital forecasting and budgeting, synergy analysis and business and market assessments
- Build detailed valuation and business models for new acquisitions, business concepts and markets, along with developing strong business case recommendations
- Contribute to special projects including leading long-term planning, analysis and presentations for portfolio companies and senior management
- Support development of deal structure and execute transactions
- Undergraduate degree required
- 2-3 years of investment banking, management consulting, investing experience, or similar analyst role
- Exceptional critical reading and research, as well as written and verbal communication skills (ability to quickly source, organize, synthesize and present information from vetted sources)
- Disciplined yet creative thinker who can relate to entrepreneurs and build a persuasive case for aligning with RSE’s vision
- Superior analytical and modeling skills (expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Must be able to work effectively within a horizontal environment that thrives on the energy of a campaign and emphasizes the team over the individual