Rich Products Ventures
RPV is the $100 million corporate venture fund for Rich Products, a $4.5B family-owned food company that operates in 100+ countries and sells across a range of channels from food service to retail. Our fund invests in companies across the value chain that will shape the future of food through technology and innovation. We have investments across three core areas (1) Nutrition and Sustainability (2) Next Generation of Retail and Food Service and (3) Digitization of the supply chain. Our portfolio includes market leading companies like Future Meat (cell-based meat), The Every Company (animal-free egg proteins), Strella (food-waste reduction) and Kitchen United (ghost kitchens). We measure success on financial returns while we also seek to bring strategic insights to the broader organization. RPV is in its 5th year and we continue to be very active targeting 4-5 investment per year. For more information, visit http://www.richproductsventures.com.
RPV is looking for an Associate to join our team who is self-driven, highly-motivated and excited to work across all aspects of our investment process from end-to-end.
- Market research and analysis:
- Develop and refine investment theses within target investment sectors and sub-sectors
- Develop market landscapes – and track key developments
- Identify and source new investment opportunities for Partners to review
- Due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Assist in review of potential investments through financial analysis, business model evaluation and competitive review
- Develop financial models and returns analysis
- Support development of investment memos
- Fund Operations
- Tracking and reporting on both pipeline and portfolio using Fund’s CRM system
- Assist in overall Deal Process and Portfolio Management
- Work with RPV Partners on ad hoc requests
The Ideal Candidate Would Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent academic record and strong analytical and financial abilities
- Relevant experience: 1-4 years of experience (ideally management consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity)
- Exceptionally organized with strong project management skills and a process orientation
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Self-motivated, pro-active, ability to anticipate next steps
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues and entrepreneurs; must be a phenomenal teammate with low ego
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; advanced Excel skills
- Experience in food industry is a plus, but not required. A strong passion and interest and desire to learn about the food industry and Venture Capital is a must
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
If interested, please apply here.