Reinventure Capital invests exclusively in US-based companies led and controlled by BIPOC and/or women founders, at breakeven and poised to grow profitably. We are a small team with a close-knit and collegial culture that values diversity in every aspect of our work. We use the tools of venture capital to advance racial / gender / social equity, generating investment returns by creating wealth and opportunity with and for our portfolio companies and their stakeholders.
What we are looking for (Background):
We are looking for a budding change maker committed to racial / social / gender equity and eager to apply the tools of venture capital to grow economic engines that generate wealth and opportunity. Our ideal Associate finds satisfaction in working in small high-performing teams, meeting people and cultivating active allegiances, continually learning, and proactively looking for ways to improve on existing assumptions and processes. You possess superlative attention to detail, wide-ranging intellectual curiosity, and strong organizational skills. You are resilient and value camaraderie, particularly with people who bring very different perspectives. You know your way around financial analysis and enjoy building and evaluating financial models. You have at least 3 years’ work experience in relevant settings and assignments, such as startups, finance or commercial strategy.
Overall Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of the Associate will include scouting start-ups, supporting financial due diligence and supporting the fund’s day-to-day operations. She/he/they will support financial analyses and financial modeling as well as other investment activities; and will participate in supporting portfolio companies including gathering and reporting performance metrics, and communicating with portfolio teams and other constituents. They/he/she will have the opportunity to take on additional tasks and develop further skills with the potential to advance within the firm.
- Sourcing – The successful candidate will conduct formal and informal research to identify high-priority investment candidates, and to evaluate relative merits of a wide range of highly varied investment opportunities. You will learn about and formulate evidence-based insights into new or unfamiliar technologies, sectors, and communities of interest. You will build relationships with founders, other investors, and other stakeholders, and be in charge of early stage communications with founders to foster effective communication and trust-based relationships throughout the investment process.
- Analysis – You will support the team in evaluating and analyzing financial projections from a wide variety of young growing businesses. You will help build detailed financial models on potential investments; conduct scenario and sensitivity analyses; support industry and market analyses including data, information, and insight collection; and help conduct investment due diligence. Moreover, you will be in charge of collecting, monitoring, and tracking key performance indicators of portfolio companies, and support generation of the fund’s reports for its stakeholders.
- Operations – You will support and participate in the fund’s day-to-day operations, including and not limited to helping create various operational and analytical tools to support the fund’s activities.
- Execution – You will organize, track, participate in, and report on progress in evaluating potential transactions from start to finish. You will work under direction and in collaboration with senior team members, and will also exercise considerable latitude to be super-productive in a highly independent way. You will consistently practice effective and trust-based communication with the fund team, founders, and external stakeholders.
- You are committed to advancing racial / social / gender equity.
- You are proficient with financial analysis. You are skilled at building financial models and conducting scenario and sensitivity analyses. You also enjoy analyzing existing financial models, testing their underlying assumptions and drivers and finding ways to improve them.
- You are a creative, speculative thinker who likes to make sense of complex information and envision how technologies, markets and industries might evolve.
- You relish learning and challenging your own and others’ preconceptions.
- You are an adept networker – you enjoy meeting new people, fostering relationships, and finding/creating common interest.
- You are highly attentive to detail, with exceptional organizational habits.
- You have highly effective communications skills.
- You enjoy performing at the highest standards while maintaining a sense of humor.
- You are motivated to effect system change at all levels — personal, interpersonal, organizational, societal.
- You are passionate about impact investing and have a basic understanding of the importance of its role in the investment world.
- You enjoy a collaborative team environment and thrive in it while also possessing an ability to perform with a little guidance when necessary.
- You are committed to consistently demonstrating personal and professional integrity in achieving the fund’s impact objectives and embodying the fund’s values.
- You have 3+ years relevant work experience.