We are the purpose-driven venture arm of Reckitt. We invest in startups that fight for access to better health, hygiene and nutrition.
We’re on a mission to invest in early-stage founders who are changing the face of health and hygiene.
We bring unrivaled value through access to the scale and capability of Reckitt to help start-ups grow faster and make a bigger impact on a global scale.
Over the past few years, we’ve invested in over 30 early-stage startups. Our portfolio is diverse, working with founders from all types of backgrounds and perspectives. But they all share one thing in common – every founder we invest in shares our belief that good quality health, hygiene and nutrition is a right, not a privilege.
And it’s not just about who we invest in. We are proud to say we are the first Corporate Venture arm to become BCorp pending, demonstrating our own commitment to being a force for good in the world.
We won’t have fair access for all if there isn’t a seat at the table for all. You’ll find our founders span across Europe, US, Africa and India, with over 35% female founders and 25% BAME entrepreneurs. It’s a good start, but we have more work to do to improve these numbers even further. Can you help us?You can take a look at our portfolio on our website here: https://www.access.vc/portfolio
We’re looking for an Investment Associate who can help source, invest in and support partnerships with our startup portfolio.
The role will be both externally and internally facing. Externally building relationships with founders and the startup & VC ecosystem, and internally with stakeholders and decision makers at Reckitt.
Good candidates will have outstanding people skills, hustle, resilience, a deep empathy with founders and a high curiosity for startups in the CPG space. Equally you will have experience in navigating larger corporate environments and structures to get decisions made quickly.
Our goal is for Access VC to be the go-to corporate venture arm for startups in the health & hygiene space. We are looking for someone who can passionately represent our expertise, capability and values.
We’re a small but fast growing team, which means you will have the chance to shape how we do things, who we invest in and most importantly, create value for our founders.
What you’ll do
- Source, assess and qualify early-stage ventures and founding teams
- Support our process for finding, investing in and partnering with startups, ensuring it is efficient and effective for everyone
- Work with internal stakeholders to define our investment thesis and target areas
- Identify new partners to help us expand our scouting network
- Act as the face of Access VC, building our network and PR in the startup ecosystem
- Build and develop the Access VC brand and external messaging to founders / VCs
Who you are
- Previous early-stage startup partnership or investing experience
- Demonstrate relentless energy and passion for finding opportunities, building relationships and execution
- Personal networks that embrace the startup, VC and talent communities
- Ability to communicate authoritatively and passionately and showcase Access VC’s differentiated proposition
- Warm relationships with high-quality investors and startup founders
Characteristics we look for
- Deals comfortably with a constantly changing internal and external environment
- Effectively handles risk and can make a decision with incomplete information
- Have a strong bias for action and persists in accomplishing objectives despite setbacks
- Ability to work across geographies, time zones and multi-functional teams
- Able to understand the perspective of others and evaluate their own thinking whilst looking for feedback and continuously improve
(Remote Option Available)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.