Reciprocal Ventures backs visionary entrepreneurs who are building the foundational companies, protocols, and applications of the decentralized web. We believe capital is a commodity and investors have to be an extension of the teams they partner with. For that reason, we work side by side with our portfolio companies on every aspect of their development, such as product management, growth & community development, governance best practices, and token economics. Reciprocal has supported innovation across all areas of the cryptocurrency space, including some of the top projects in the world like Solana (Seed), The Graph (Seed), and Blockdaemon (Seed).
This role will join the Reciprocal investment team and focus on early-stage opportunities across the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The core responsibilities of the position can be broken down into five areas:
- Ecosystem Engagement — Become an active contributor to the cryptocurrency community by organizing activities, participating in local events, developing a social media presence, writing thoughtful content, and proactively looking for ways to help make the Reciprocal brand stronger.
- Sourcing — Bring or build your network of investors and founders. Proactively identify new investment opportunities and qualify inbound leads by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Market Research — Identify emerging themes, conduct proprietary research, develop theses, and document your findings so you can share them with the world . This domain expertise will ultimately be leveraged to evaluate and make decisions about new investment opportunities.
- Deal Execution — Help support the due diligence process for new investment opportunities. Collaborate with founders, Reciprocal partners, and counsel to conduct thorough due diligence on every deal.
- Portfolio Support — Collaborate with Reciprocal portfolio company founders to provide them with unique insight into the broader crypto market based on your research and domain expertise.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Self-starter with a hustler mentality. Relentlessly curious, and hungry to learn about complex, nascent technical topics from scratch.
- Passion for crypto and blockchain, and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world.
- A relevant network to help find aspiring entrepreneurs and unearth exciting new startups.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, product management at a startup/technology business, or investment research. Native understanding of blockchain technology and the crypto landscape. Previous experience in crypto is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and writing ability for deal analysis, memo writing, and internal reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A large portion of your time will be spent networking with entrepreneurs and other members of the crypto community on a regular basis.
- An ability to work well within a team while being proactive and self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
How to apply:
Our team is constantly sharing and debating new ideas, and we want to make sure that’s an environment you will thrive in. For that reason, our process begins with everyone submitting an investment idea, thesis, or memo that proposes something we should invest in.
The idea should be focused on either a specific early-stage company in the cryptocurrency space that you believe we should invest in or a thesis you believe we should build into one of our existing strategies.