Reach Capital is the leading early-stage edtech fund investing in the future of education. We are committed to supporting the growth of the edtech ecosystem and working in service of the category-defining startups and entrepreneurs in education.
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Associate to join our team. This Associate will help us identify, evaluate, and win opportunities to invest in the best edtech startups, and support them as they grow. The Investment Associate will play an integral role in our rigorous diligence process and assist with benchmarking analyses and fund modeling.
The primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deal diligence : Evaluate new investment opportunities through qualitative and quantitative analysis such as market research, financial and cap table modeling, metrics analysis, and user interviews. Draft investment memoranda for recommendation of investments and drive the diligence process.
- Organization building: Help build and optimize the systems and provide insights supporting our work, including building financial models and decks, analyzing and tracking pipeline, and conducting metrics benchmarking analysis. Work closely with our CFO to conduct portfolio analysis in support of fund reporting and fundraising.
- Portfolio work: Identify opportunities and take lead on initiatives that support the success of our companies, such as financial forecasts, market analysis, potential business development partnerships, new hire introductions, and fundraising support.
- Sourcing : Proactively identify new investment opportunities, connect with promising entrepreneurs, qualify inbound leads, and conduct research on markets including creating market maps.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for edtech and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to improve access to opportunity through education
- 2–4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or a startup/technology business (experience in edtech a plus)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills combined with outstanding oral and written communication to deliver strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills: effective at communicating and building strong relationships with different stakeholders (co-investors, limited partners, founders and others)
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative work environment with little structure or guidance
- Superb attention to detail
- Preferably located in or willing to relocate to the SF Bay Area
The Reach team is a hands-on team of doers. It’s very important to us that you believe in our mission, find genuine joy in serving others, and are willing to roll-up your sleeves and proactively jump in on any task necessary to advance the collective effort of the team. Our team operates based on the following values:
- Strong Relationships are at the core of our work
- Work in Service of our Founders
- Be Direct but Empathetic
- Express Gratitude Daily
- Embrace Humility
- Act Quickly
- Never Stop Learning