Want to join a dynamic and global team investing in innovative fintech entrepreneurs in Latin America?
Quona Capital, a leading venture capital firm dedicated to fueling global fintech, is hiring an Investment Associate to join its Latin America Investment team.
The Associate will work directly with our LatAm Partners on all aspects of the investment and portfolio management processes, with exposure to high-energy entrepreneurial and VC ecosystems in Latin America and beyond.
Quona’s investments in the region include iconic fintech startups such as Addi, Contabilizei, Creditas, Klar, Konfio, Kovi, and Neon.
Location: Strong preference for candidates based in or open to relocating to Mexico City.
About Quona Capital
- Quona Capital is a venture capital firm dedicated to fueling global fintech that advances financial inclusion. We invest in early stage financial technology companies and embedded finance opportunities across Latin America, South and Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East & North Africa.
- Quona was established in 2015 and today operates with over USD 750 million in AUM and 65+ portfolio companies.
- To learn more, check out our portfolio and meet the team at http://www.quona.com.
- Source investment opportunities, including through engagement with the startup and fintech ecosystems
- Conduct market research, company mapping, and competitive analysis within key fintech sub-sectors and target markets
- Support end-to-end deal processes and the evaluation of investment opportunities by interviewing the teams, partners, and clients of pipeline companies; building investment theses; conducting strategic and financial analyses; spearheading due diligence workstreams; and assisting with pipeline management
- Analyze portfolio performance and assist with strategic portfolio projects
- Support the Quona team in operational initiatives such as knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and LP reporting
- At least two years of experience in product, growth, technology, operations, or strategy at a fintech company or venture-backed startup; and/or in consulting, principal investing, investment banking, or a related field, preferably focused on financial services or technology
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced team that is geographically dispersed
- Enthusiasm for technology, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with excellent academic performance
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent English business writing and communication skills; fluency in Spanish as well is strongly preferred
- Candidates of all backgrounds, including those belonging to underrepresented minorities, are strongly encouraged to apply
Competitive salary and benefits… plus people who are fun to work with!