Silicon Valley, CA
ACCESS Venture Group (AVG) invests in early stage (pre-seed, seed and series A) companies primarily in the fintech and proptech spaces. AVG also invests in other early stage investment funds focused on a variety of industry verticals including blockchain, artificial intelligence, and biotech. In total, AVG has made 64 investments in its short 2 ½ year history and manages capital for more than 70 high net worth families.
AVG is searching for a critical addition to its team; someone with a multi-faceted skill set capable of both operational and business development responsibilities. Initially the focus will skew more towards operations, helping to establish a strong foundation upon which we can continue growing. Gradually the role will focus more time on business development, eventually splitting time evenly between operations and business development.
- Venture Valuation. You’ll help lead the quarterly valuation process on portfolio companies and assess financing and capitalization events to determine impact to fund performance and equity holdings. You will help develop and maintain fund performance modeling and investment attribution analysis for both internal and external reporting. This will require frequent interfacing with executives at the companies and funds in which we invest.
- Fund Accounting. You’ll work with our CFO and our fund administrators on the monthly and quarterly NAV accounting for our venture capital funds. This includes maintaining a shadow book to verify and approve the administrators’ calculations and participating in the valuation committee in determining valuations for venture portfolio companies.
- Fund Operations. You’ll work with the team to plan and execute capital calls, perform cash reconciliations, manage fund wires and cash flows, and monitor and pay fund expenses.
- Investor relations. Preparing and delivering quarterly updates to LPs via webinar presentations and written summaries.
- Fund Launches. You’ll assist with the operational aspects of launching new fund products and co-investment vehicles, including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents.
Business development responsibilities
- Sourcing and tracking of investment opportunities
- Participating in the due diligence and investment approval process, on-site travel, data analysis, financial modeling, and reference / research calls
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on the fintech and proptech early stage equity investment environment and industry landscape
- Developing and maintaining of professional network to support above responsibilities
- BS in Economics, Accounting, or Finance
- 4+ years experience at a venture capital, private equity or hedge fund firm
- Corporate finance, accounting and valuation knowledge and the ability to understand the key drivers of portfolio company performance and fund-level returns
- Strong writing skills and experience authoring investment proposals or similar recommendations
- Superior financial modeling capability with high attention to detail
- Self-starter with a sense of ownership of work product and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of seniority, both internally and externally, with a high level of general partner interaction
- Ability to draw specific conclusions about individual fund investment opportunities using both quantitative and qualitative data points
- $105,000 – 175,000. Exact compensation may vary based on experience, training, and education. This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- San Francisco, San Diego or Los Angeles
- 1 week per month required in SD office
ACCESS Venture Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.