Plug and Play Tech Center
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. As one of the most active VCs in Silicon Valley, our goal is to fund the teams that are building the defensible businesses of the future. By leveraging our capital, our network of VCs, and our corporate partners, we give our portfolio companies an unfair advantage.Plug and Play has grown into one of the world’s most active early-stage investors, backing over 250 startups every year alongside the world’s best VCs. Notable companies backed at early-stage by Plug and Play include PayPal, Dropbox, Honey, Flutterwave and Turing, in a growing list.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Plug and Play Tech Center is looking for a Fund Associate experienced in finance to work with the rest of the VC team to evaluate investments, conduct due diligence, and engage with portfolio companies.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Sourcing and engaging with top Series A startups, identifying the best opportunities in Europe Middle-East and Africa
- Supporting the execution of deals, analyzing them, and giving valuable feedback
- Working with current portfolio companies and helping them in their journeys.
- Identify, source, and evaluate new investment opportunities in Series A startups.
- Perform detailed due diligence, and analyze startup team strengths, market size, technology, financial/unit economics and business model
- Conduct P&L and balance sheet analysis, design analysis spreadsheets, perform benchmarking, and support the rest of the team with your finance knowledge.
- Support the investment team in negotiation and investment execution
- Portfolio management activities: engage and manage relationships with portfolio companies, and support them where they may need help.
- Track portfolio company performance metrics and information
- Identify and detect high-potential market trends to build strong convictions for future investments
- Establish and maintain strong professional networks inside and outside of Plug and Play, and help with firm public relationships. Attend industry and startup events.
- Help with investor reporting and fundraising support
- Diligently participate and perform various ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Communication – Must possess communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with public speaking. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with founders and investors alike.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Proficiency in GSuite, MS Office, CRM platforms, project management tools, etc.
- Attention to detail, diligent & thorough. Capacity to perform quality, polished, thoughtful work in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts and contribute towards high-impact results.
- Career-driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments, and high-tech startups
- Project Management – ability to manage several projects with VCs, corporate partners, and startups
- Self-Starter – ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree, MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Background in Finance (investment banking, management consulting or similar) is highly recommended
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Bilingual in English and at least proficient with other major European languages (except Spanish)
- Plug and Play’s global attendance policy: 3 days at the office, 2 days home.