Plug and Play Tech Center
Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in our Fintech/Insurtech vertical. An ideal candidate has a passion for investing in industry changing startups, driving innovation with our corporate partners, and is ready to take an active role in building out our Fintech/Insurtech ecosystem and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Sourcing: Outreach and screening of new, relevant and exciting startups for our own investment purposes as well as our corporate partners innovation strategies
- Investments: Support and eventually lead the investment process from origination to execution for new as well as pro rata opportunities; provide ongoing investment monitoring and reporting
- Generate Investment Memorandums for presentation to Plug and Play’s internal investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors, etc.
- Account Management: Create and deliver executive presentations for a C-level audience on current trends and startups within the insurance industry
- Mentor start-ups in the program on taking a product to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad hoc business needs
- Provide event production and content support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of total work experience within VC, corporate innovation, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startup
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies in the insurance space
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking