Plug and Play Tech Center
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 40 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Venture Associate to join our team that can find the most exciting startups from across the Advanced Manufacturing industry and adjacent sectors. You are responsible for sourcing and evaluating these startups, discovering respective business opportunities, and introducing those to selected corporate firms in our network. This results in proof-of-concepts, commercial agreements, and investments. You will be part of the Plug and Play team–a dynamic team of ambitious experts, motivated to create impact through innovation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
As Venture Associate no one day will be the same:
- Constant analysis of the startup ecosystems and research on the latest industry trends to create respective reports, market maps and strategy recommendations.
- Evaluation of startups within and beyond the Advanced Manufacturing industry for collaboration and investment purposes.
- End-to-end responsibility, from trend identification, startup evaluation to structuring a proof-of-concept together with Plug and Play’s corporate clients.
- Stakeholder Management: You need to align the interests of Plug and Play’s clients, challenge them, and work with corporates to create synergies.
- Work with international clients on a global scale.
- Focus on the Advanced Manufacturing industry with frequent overlaps in other industries like Sustainability, Supply Chain, Mobility, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in the advanced manufacturing innovation space or related industry experience
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Interest and passion to pursue investment deals, startup experience is a plus
- Strong people skills, startup facing and service orientated with positive mindset and supportive attitude
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in public speaking