The Partnership Fund for New York City is a social impact investment fund with the mission to create jobs and economic opportunities for all New Yorkers, help solve civic problems, and support growth sectors in all five boroughs. Our investments range broadly from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging sectors such as life sciences and fintech.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector and since inception we have invested over $190 million. Structured as an evergreen fund, returns are continually invested in support of our mission.
Summary of Position
The Partnership Fund offers Associates unique exposure to public-private community development, public sector innovation and mission focused venture investments. Associates are integrally involved in every aspect of the Fund’s work, from investment review and portfolio monitoring to researching new sector initiatives of the Fund and expanding the Fund’s network. Through their work at the Fund, Associates are exposed to a wide range of mission aligned companies, projects and initiatives.
Interested candidates should apply here.
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and a team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments. Build and sensitize detailed financial models
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistance
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update financial models and reports of portfolio companies
Advance Fund Mission
- Contribute to building the organization. Help build, maintain and maximize the Fund network
- Conduct research in support of the Fund’s initiatives
- Perform organizational tasks to ensure success of the Fund
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, but can be other roles with demonstrated financial experience)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Exemplary written communication skills and interpersonal and verbal skills
- Strong commitment to social impact and entrepreneurship and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
Salary and Benefits
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), commuter benefits and paid time off. The annual salary for this position is $85,000. This is a 2-year position on-site.
The Partnership for New York City is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender or intersex status, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status and intern status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.