Pantera Capital is the first U.S. institutional asset manager focused exclusively on blockchain technology. We are thematic investors focused on core pieces of the blockchain ecosystem, such as exchanges, custodians, institutional trading tools, decentralized finance, next-generation payment systems, and more. Since 2013, we have partnered at the earliest stages with over 200 industry-leading teams, including Alchemy, Arbitrum, Bitstamp, Circle, 0x Labs, and StarkWare.
Pantera Capital is hiring an Investment Associate for our San Francisco office to focus on early-stage investment opportunities in both venture and early-stage tokens. As an Associate, you will learn about the venture capital and hedge fund industries, meet inspiring founders, and get exposure to cutting-edge projects. At Pantera, your days will be spent sourcing, analyzing, and evaluating Pantera’s next investment opportunities.
- Sourcing - proactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Deal Diligence - helping the team evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work - collaborating with the team to support the Pantera Capital portfolio.
- Ecosystem Building - being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help make the Pantera team stronger.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience in banking, consulting, investing or high growth tech.
- A native understanding of blockchain technology with experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects.
- The ability to think analytically and strategically about investment decisions and ongoing work with existing portfolio companies.
- The ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills – Our Associates are connecting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis.
- A demonstrated history of being proactive.
- A technical background or experience in data science is a plus.
- An understanding of venture capital and crypto deal terms