This global automotive company was named for its purpose: relentless determination to challenge convention and dream big. It’s here to support all the disruptive technologies we are working on behind the scenes as the company helps shape the mobility ecosystem of the future. Joining this company means you’ll be responsible for supercharging all business units within the global company, from R&D to new business development. This company’s open innovation program serves as catalysts to discover and experiment with new technologies and business concepts. As part of the team, you will help develop partnerships with and invest in innovators across all funding stages who seek to transform technology and business. You will be at the forefront of the company’s most innovative technologies.
As the CVC/VC Associate for the West Coast region, you will engage with investors, entrepreneurs, and the innovation ecosystem to source unique and high-value emerging technology and business opportunities for investment, M&A, and direct collaboration within the company. 70% of your work will focus on identifying, proposing, and leading strategic investment opportunities with the Corporate Venturing team. 30% of your time will focus on network expansion and deal sourcing for the West Coast region of the US.
Candidates with Corporate Strategic investment and M&A with respect to startup opportunities including a strong understanding in several technology verticals for initial due diligence assessment are encouraged to apply.
- Bring your combined experience in investment, venture capital, startups, and engineering technology to dive into the startup innovation ecosystem to identify opportunities that we can invest in and/ or bring in for collaboration. The main focuses will be Automotive, Transportation, Mobility (large scale including Aerospace) and any areas to reduce carbon emissions.
- Actively discover investment, M&A and collaboration opportunities involving emerging and transformational technologies relevant to the company’s current and future business and products.
- Develop, broaden, and strengthen your network in the West Coast innovation ecosystems including Venture Capital (VC) Firms, Corporate Venture Capital (CVCs) Firms, startups, and related entities.
- Identify high quality deal flow through a person network of VC/CVC/Startups.
- Perform Initial due diligence including market potential, technical strength, financial viability, team by gathering information from the target company, industry experts and other sources.
- Propose weekly Investment opportunities to the venture teams.
- Lead the internal startup collaborations as necessary.
- Work to develop investment theses in different technology areas.
- Be the go-to team member on a large team with 2-3 technology vertical domains of interest.
- Candidates with experience and skillsets outlined below will be considered with any number years of experience (recent graduate with 1-2 years of experience upwards of 10+ years of experience).
- Strong experience as part of a corporate venture capital (CVC) or venture capital (VC) team.
- To be successful in this position, we’re seeking candidates with a unique blend of experience and background in investment, venture capital, startups, and engineering technology.
- Ideal experience and knowledge will include automotive, transportation, mobility (large scale including aerospace) and any/ all areas to reduce the company’s carbon emissions.
- A strong work ethic is required to succeed in this fluid structure and work environment; excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to build a network in these areas of interest.
- Strategic investment and M&A in startup opportunities including a strong understanding in several technology verticals for initial due diligence assessment.
- Understanding of startups and VC or CVC process and ecosystem and have been a part of or have worked closely with such entities.
- Ability to successfully discover a high volume of unique and investible deal flow opportunities.
- Expert Industry knowledge in one or more of the following domains: CASE (Connected, Automated, Shared and Electrified) Mobility, Smart City, Energy/Climate Tech, and ability to conduct initial diligence in these areas.
- Strong Bay Area network for high quality deal sourcing.
- Previous track record in sourcing, proposing, and closing early-stage investments.
- Passionate about leveraging new technologies to create new experiences and improve human mobility.
- Ability to interpret data and effectively communicate relevant conclusions and recommendations.
- Driven and proactive, with an ability to adapt to dynamic circumstances, and thrive even with ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or related field (Master’s degree or MBA candidates preferred).
- Analyst expertise of various technologies such as investment memos.
- Strong West coast network is preferred.
- Corporate development and/or financial experience.
- Formal Investment Due Diligence experience.
- Understanding of Japanese business culture and practices.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
Location: Mountain View, CA (Hybrid schedule working onsite 3 days/ week). Relocation assistance is available.
Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 30% may be required (Majority of the travel will be domestic with occasional international travel).
Salary: $145K-$185K / DOE