Established in 2000, Octopus is a group of businesses investing in people, ideas and industries that change the world. You can learn more about us at octopusgroup.com.
At Octopus Investments, we’re experts in financial services and we’re also a certified B Corp, meaning we care as much about the impact of our investments as the returns they generate. Today we manage more than £12.4* billion on behalf of retail and institutional investors.
*Funds Under Management data includes undrawn commitments, funds under advisory mandates, funds monitored and the Octopus Cash service as of 31st December 2021
Our mission is to create exceptional healthcare facilities you’d choose for your loved ones.
The Retirement Fund will be the majority equity in c 15 major retirement community developments structed in individual SPV’s with a typical GDV of C£50-60m with an exit on completion of sales and freehold.
We are recruiting for a new Investment Associate who will play a key role in the team’s transactions and ongoing deal management, with a key focus on modelling and structuring potential investment.
- Lead complex real estate transaction and fund-level modelling, including post-deal oversight of investment models and returns.
- Contribute to commercial and financial due diligence and preparation of investment packs for Investment Committees.
- Contribute to the team’s deal execution process, including financial, accounting, tax and legal analysis.
- Liaising with professional consultants in the due diligence and execution of investments.
- Supporting the team’s relationship management of external developers and operators, as well as internal Octopus investment platforms.
- Working closely with the wider ReLF and ORE teams to establish best in class reporting procedures and outputs.
- Optimising structures to be tax efficient and promote exit/returns.
- Ongoing retirement sector and wider real estate market research, analysis and recommendations.
These qualifications are preferable, if you don’t believe you have all of them please don’t be put off applying.
- Preferably a background of private equity, real estate investment banking, real estate corporate finance or accountancy firms
- Exposure to real estate, particularly transactional or development
- Advanced Excel modelling skills with experience on operational or development models
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in research and due diligence of new deals or markets
- Adept at working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Diligent work-ethic and good attention to detail
- Team player with a resourceful attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
💰 A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
🏡 Flexible working
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
👪 Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🚗 Electric vehicle leasing
🌍 The option to work overseas up to a month per year
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.