We’re hiring in Berlin!
After more than five years in the German-speaking ecosystem – backing and working with extraordinary entrepreneurs from the likes of Personio, Tier, Flink, Forto, and many others – we are excited to expand our investment team in Berlin and are looking for an Associate to join us!
We have seen the remarkable growth of the ecosystem first-hand, with Germany, Switzerland and Austria emerging as some of the leading and most vibrant startup hubs in Europe.
We are looking for an outstanding individual with a passion for how entrepreneurship can change the world and the drive to find, win over, and support founders who are turning their ideas into reality.
2023 is an exciting time to join our team: we recently announced our largest fundraise to date with €1bn to invest in the next generation of changemakers from Seed to Growth, across Europe and the US with a global team based out of New York, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stockholm.
About the role
Venture is a truly diverse profession and no day or week is quite the same. As an investor at Northzone, you will be involved in all aspects of the job: from meeting with entrepreneurs and evaluating their ideas; to undertaking quantitative and qualitative analysis on markets and competitors, making investment decisions, and, finally, partnering with founders to help them build their companies. You will work with the entire Northzone team across these areas and will be mentored extensively by the senior investment team that leads our work in Germany.
As an Associate, you will:
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs across a wide range of themes and originate new investment opportunities.
- Conduct market and competitive research on business models and evaluate business plans and financial models.
- Work individually and in team setups to develop new investment theses in up-and-coming market segments.
- Represent Northzone in the German-speaking startup ecosystem and build your own network of founders, operators and investors.
- Support founders across our portfolio: you’ll get increased exposure to our portfolio as you spend time with us, but we’ll introduce relevant companies early on to involve you in the strategic work surrounding the portfolio.
- While your base will be in Berlin, you will work with colleagues across all of our offices. We think it’s important for the entire team to meet regularly, so we travel across offices multiple times per year and expect the same from you.
- We encourage initiative-taking and, with time, will offer you the opportunity to leverage your growing investor toolkit to assume early leadership in various aspects of life as an investor within Northzone.
You probably have the following experience and attributes:
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, ideally from a tech-driven, entrepreneurial company with an excellent analytical foundation, or experience from strategy consulting or finance.
- Highly motivated with a demonstrable curiosity for technology, the entrepreneurial journey, and strong commercial acumen.
- We look for self-starters and high achievers, both academically but also in other walks of life.
- Strong communication skills: you need to be able to convey your thinking effectively, internally and externally.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and positive attitude: building a strong network in our ecosystem is a key success driver, so strong social skills are core to success.
- We warmly welcome candidates from different walks of life as we believe passionately that diversity in all its forms, leads to better outcomes.
- Preferably you speak some degree of German.
- Right to work in Germany.
Northzone is one of the leading early stage venture funds in Europe, partnering with founders across a wide range of areas, from SaaS, fintech and marketplaces, to consumer, digital health and web 3.0, and everything in between. We focus on being an early partner to daring entrepreneurs who want to shape the world, and have had the privilege to work with phenomenal companies such as Spotify, Personio, Klarna, Spring Health, Flink, Forto, Truelayer, Tier and many, many more. With offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stockholm, we hold a truly global investment perspective.
If you think this could be an exciting role that resonates with your interests, strengths, and background, we are looking forward to hearing from you – you can apply here!