North Island Ventures
The Associate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing investment opportunities in early-stage crypto companies and protocols
- Performing due diligence for potential investments
- Supporting NIV portfolio investments
About the Role
The essence of the role is to live at the bleeding edge of crypto, with a focus on early-stage investment opportunities. The Associate must have the capacity to identify what the best entrepreneurs in crypto are building, connect with those founders, and evaluate those opportunities.
There will be an emphasis on social and communication skills, analytical abilities, investment instincts, and cultural fit. We work as a cohesive team and expect everybody at NIV to think like an owner, not an agent. While the first few months will involve hands-on training, the Associate must be a self-starter and independent thinker who can operate with minimal supervision.
The Associate must live or be willing to relocate to NYC. We work from the office four days per week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for crypto
- Deep curiosity, strong opinions, and intellectual flexibility
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience
- Background in venture capital, investment research, crypto, or tech operating role preferred