Norfund – The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries – aims to create jobs and better living conditions by investing in companies that contribute to sustainable development. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow viable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About half of the investment portfolio is in renewable energy. Green infrastructure, financial inclusion and scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund’s committed investments portfolio amounts to USD 2.7 billion in 200 companies. The number of employees is about 130.
Would you like to work with renewable energy and help finance the energy transition in frontier and emerging markets?
We are looking for a person to join our team in Bangkok. We are seeking a result-oriented person, with a strong interest in renewable energy finance in developing countries. The successful candidate must have the capacity to work both in teams, independently and be a resource for others in the team.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Support the investment teams in the full investment cycle from initial screening of investment opportunities, execution of transactions, portfolio management through to exit
- Assist in the evaluation of potential investments, business models and markets.
- Assist with due diligence, financial modelling and preparation of investment proposals to the Norfund investment committee and board
- Support the management of the portfolio, monitoring performance and follow-up activities
- Update portfolio management system, report on portfolio and support in preparation of investment and portfolio reviews
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Master’s in business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- 2-4 years relevant experience e.g. from transaction advisory, corporate finance, audit, consulting, banking or private equity
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- A team player with strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
We can offer:
- A highly competent and international working environment
- International travel and experience
- A unique opportunity to gain experience with renewable energy investments and the energy transition in developing countries
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
The position is based in Bangkok on a local Thai contract. Travelling is required.
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Application deadline: 19 February, 2023.