The Morgan Stanley Inclusive Ventures Group (the MSIVG) consists of i) the award-winning global in-house startup accelerator, the Morgan Stanley Inclusive Ventures Lab (MSIVL) and ii) the thought leadership platform, Center for Inclusive Access & Opportunity (CIAO) which includes groundbreaking research and the award-winning podcast Access & Opportunity. The mission of the group is to create a more inclusive investment landscape for underrepresented founders by providing access to capital, content, connections, and community.
The Inclusive Ventures Lab is Morgan Stanley’s in-house startup accelerator focused on promoting financial inclusion and providing access to capital for early-stage technology and tech-enabled companies led by underrepresented founders. Launched in New York in 2017, and expanded to London in 2021, the Lab offers an intensive five-month program designed to help further develop and accelerate startups.
The Associate in the Inclusive Ventures Lab will:
-Participate in the identification, investment memo creation and selection of the companies that will participate in the accelerator program, including performing financial due diligence, creating financial projections, market research, competitive analysis, identifying market / investment trends, and analyzing product
-Interact and provide strategic support on a day-to-day basis to the founders of the Lab companies
-Assist the broader team, including Entrepreneurs in Residence, in providing critical operational, analytical, and strategic insights to help accelerate the growth of the Lab companies
-Synthesize analyses into meaningful deliverables/presentations for senior management, the accelerator’s investment committee, and external stakeholders
-Create industry/sector company analysis and perform company due diligence
-Provide support to senior management in broadening Morgan Stanley’s founder community engagement and Venture Capital universe coverage
The ideal candidate has a fundamental knowledge of financial analysis including company valuation and investment analysis; experience and/or interest in venture capital investing; start-up operations; and can manage large, multidimensional projects.
– Exceptional analytical skills with a fundamental understanding of corporate finance principals including strong financial modeling
– Experience creating investment memos or evaluating companies for investment
– Strong interest in developments around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
– Execution skills with the ability to manage projects with minimal supervision in small team. Therefore very high attention to detail is critical in addition to sound judgement and the ability to fully operate with general to limited context
– Writing, communication (both internal and external) and presentation delivery skills
– Time management and organizational skills
– Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
– Proactive self-starter and creative problem solver with a keen interest in the diverse/women business sector, impact sectors, venture capital investing and startup operations.
– 3-5 years of relevant experienced in vestment banking, corporate finance, strategic investments, or venture capital
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between 80,000 and 110,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).