VC FUND ASSOCIATE (1-3 yrs of experience in venture capital or Big 4 experience).
Mindrock is a young and rapidly developing venture capital group based in San Francisco, CA. We invest in artificial intelligence, fintech, blockchain, self-driving vehicles, security & video processing, and other science-intensive tech. Mindrock is looking for a positive, self-organized and fast-learning team member to join and support the operations of our VC fund back office.
About the Role:
VC FUND ASSOCIATE
With guidance from the team members, the Associate will oversee the administrative support and the investor relations related to client funds. These responsibilities range from data entry into the client reporting software to compiling quarterly reports for limited partners, investor correspondence, addressing the accounts payables and receivables for the clients.
We are seeking an individual who is meticulous and has strong attention to detail and keen problem-solving skills, able to communicate effectively with both external and internal customers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who doesn’t need heavy supervision, and is a proactive and responsible individual, who can concentrate and keep focus while working accurately on repetitive tasks in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Provide investor on/off-boarding services and document flow.
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day activities and reporting within KYC/AML program (e.g. determine KYC requirements for clients based on type of structure and relationship, engage in communication with clients to obtain missing information, etc.).
- Gather, analyze, interpret and entry of financial and client data into record-keeping system, investigation and settlement of discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of document flow for capital calls, distributions, and allocations to investors; prepare timely reports for management and clients.
- Cross communicate with Finance, Audit and Tax departments for reconciliations of bank accounts and investor data.
- Liaise with Legal and Compliance departments to ensure compliance with ongoing regulatory requirements for Mindrock, its funds, and clients.
- Conduct timely email, chat and phone communication with a globally dispersed team of colleagues, clients and venture partners.
- Identify and address process improvements for internal CRM system, address and escalate unresolved issues.
- Perform special projects and or other duties by Head of Back Office.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Knowledge and first experience of of various investment accounting concepts
- Experience with CRM and accounting systems;
- Ability to effectively cope with change, multitask, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite (Word, Excel, pivot tables, macros, Power Point, etc), Adobe Acrobat.
- English advanced or fluent levels.
- Competitive full-time salary based on qualifications and prior experience; contract.
- Remote job opportunity, with possible relocation to Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Career growth, professional education and development opportunities.