Investment Associate, Climate Technology
Climate Tech Fund Team
We are hiring for our Boston, MA office location in a Hybrid setting where you will be onsite 2-3 days per week.
This is a unique opportunity to be one of MMV’s first team members focused exclusively on our recently closed $100 million climate technology fund. In addition to transaction screening, performing due diligence and supporting our portfolio companies, you will help to shape our investment strategy and culture.
MassMutual Ventures is a multi-stage, global venture capital firm investing in financial technology, digital health, enterprise SaaS, climate technology and cybersecurity companies. We have been investing on behalf of MassMutual since 2014 and have backed over 60 startups to date across the globe. In 2022 we launched our first fund dedicated to early-stage climate technology.
We have over 20 investment team members located in Boston, London and Singapore, all of whom share a passion for identifying and supporting the founders of exceptional early–stage companies. Through our presence in the US, Europe and Asia, we offer portfolio companies insights into global markets and access to significant networks, expertise and later stage capital.
We are a new, growing, curious and highly collaborative team. You have a demonstrated passion for sustainable investing and believe that early–stage climate technology investing can also generate superior economic returns. The successful candidate understands climate trends, embraces new technology, develops meaningful relationships and thrives when helping founders and colleagues succeed. You are a born networker, take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. You can analyze complex markets, nascent value chains and clusters of early-stage companies and recommend investments to senior teammates. You think critically and constructively about strategic and commercial issues. You either have personal experience as an entrepreneur or a very high degree of empathy and passion to support those doing it. You are comfortable managing a transaction end-to end, from sourcing to execution, with some support from senior colleagues.
The Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant industry and role
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in financial modelling and analysis
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, management consulting, or meaningful roles at a venture-backed startup
- Relevant network in the climate tech start-up community
- Experience in a relevant climate tech vertical
- MBA or post-graduate qualification in related field
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze market trends, early-stage companies and emerging value chains
- Proactive, well-organized, self-starter
- Collaborative approach
- A deep intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the MMV Climate Tech Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits