The Associate role is a unique opportunity for us to expand the venture capital talent ecosystem in Australia. We are doing this with a focus on attracting a diverse team of the brightest and most imaginative minds who bring differing perspectives, unique views and life experiences to the team. We have a few things in common that we need our Associate to share: respect for each other’s differences, personal passion, a thirst for learning, willingness to think the unthinkable, trust in the unexpected and believe in each other and the power of team.
We dont require you to have VC experience but certainly would be a bonus. Our game is all about attitude, knowledge and competence.
The Associate will play a critical role in the identification and evaluation of investment opportunities within the Main Sequence Planetary Challenge areas. They will identify world-leading companies solving massive problems by commercializing Australian research, and supporting those companies along their journey, typically working closely with one or more of the firm’s Partners.
Sydney or Melbourne location preferred
Applications close 17 March 2023
- Support the evaluation of potential investment opportunities, including conducting market research, financial analysis, and due diligence on potential portfolio companies
- Assist in the development and execution of investment theses and strategies for the deep tech sector
- Collaborate with the investment team to develop and maintain relationships with key players in the Australian research ecosystem, including researchers, academics, and innovation hubs
- Work closely with portfolio companies to provide support and guidance as needed
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the firm’s investment processes and methodologies
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the deep tech sector
- Leverage the firm’s connections to the Australian research ecosystem to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field that you can articulate a relevancy is desired.
- Evidence of working with startups in some capacity such as mentoring accelerator programs, working for a startup, apprenticing in venture funds, etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand and evaluate complex technologies and business models
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders
- A passion for deep tech and a strong interest in supporting the growth of innovative start-ups and spin-outs in the sector
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Experience in venture capital, private equity, consulting, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
Industry competitive remuneration package
Ability to work remotely
Industry competitive maternity and paternity leave