Lerer Hippeau is an early-stage venture capital fund based in New York. Our portfolio contains more than 400 leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Guideline, MIRROR, Blockdaemon, K Health, Allbirds, ZenBusiness, and Thrive, among others. We’re experienced operators who invest early and stay in our founders’ corners forever.
We’re looking for a full-time Associate to join our investment team focused on our Seed Fund. Our Associates play a central role at Lerer Hippeau, where they source and research new opportunities, diligence companies, and help support our current portfolio companies. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. We have a strong track record of promoting from within and helping those on our team grow in their roles at our firm.
About the Associate position:
- Grow Lerer Hippeau’s network and source early-stage investment opportunities in sectors including SaaS, emerging tech, healthcare, consumer, fintech, and more.
- Conduct market mapping and due diligence on potential investments, evaluating risks and opportunities.
- Support Partners with their day-to-day work including managing and evaluating investment opportunities.
- Continuously learn about new themes, trends, and technologies.
- Develop deal sense and conviction around companies you’re evaluating.
- Contribute to quantitative and qualitative company diligence, including marketing sizing, financial analysis, competitive analysis, and more.
- Build and nurture relationships with current and up-and-coming founders and CEOs in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond.
- Represent Lerer Hippeau in the ecosystem and support the local startup community through events, writing, and community building.
- Help support existing portfolio companies through project-based work alongside Partners.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical and communication skills to understand both quantitative and qualitative data as we evaluate investment opportunities.
- Creative; you look at things from a unique perspective.
- Collaborative, hard-working, and always ready to pitch in and be a team player.
- Venture capital experience required.
- Tech and startup experience is a plus.
- Enjoy meeting new people and building community.
- Unafraid to challenge others’ perspectives and you welcome the same.
- Thrive in ambiguity but aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Based on the internal and market data Lerer Hippeau has collected, we expect the base salary range for this position to be $150,000 — $180,000 per year, plus a competitive equity and bonus package. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
Please fill out our application here. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit. This is a full-time position based in New York City with a hybrid work model.